OCZ or Corsair??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guyz,

i want to buy a decent dual channel kit and i am really confused whether to get OCZ Reaper or Corsair Dominator.
if nyone has used ny of these two,plz state the performance.
and i hv some payment problems too while buying online.i dont wanna use ny card.is there ny way of some alternative payments?it shud be as fast as possible.

and about memory configurator,its written that no vat is charged for countries outside EU.then will there be ny problem in the customs??

monkey

Padawan
Corsair is better (marginally) than OCZ but also costs more. At Newegg Corsair Dominator is retailing for $230 and OCZ Reaper at $171 (both PC2 8500) which makes OCZ much better value for money. (At MC.com OCZ is quoting for $215 equivalent)

As for buying online you may ask any Indian online retailer for different mode of payments (i am registered at yantraonline.in and they provide cheque/dd/bank transfer facility too for payments).

PS: I just received a mail from yantraonline.in guys saying that they can provide any hardware in the world their users ask for but they will be doing so through legal channel and hence attract customs and other charges :-(. I suggest you ask them the price they ask for these memories and then compare with other site(s) to see if its worth or not.

Also at MC.com you will be only paying customs and no VAT. No other problem.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hmm,
As for DDR2, somehow OCZ didnt rock much as they did with DDR1. Corsair did exceptionally well.
Although the 800 Dominator can have anything, Promos, Micron, anything.

I would do some research and see which Micron based kits are there.I mean which kits are guranteed Micron.Micron just loves voltage and that translates into tight timings.:D

Overall Corsair FTW ! Do some research though. ;)

monkey

Padawan
Hey I was just browsing through DDR2 Memory tests done by tomshardware.com and found that memory modules by Patriot should be given some serious looks too. Just check one of such article: *www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/15/hardcore_ddr2_ram_by_corsair/

Cheers

darklord

Cyborg Agent
monkey said:
Hey I was just browsing through DDR2 Memory tests done by tomshardware.com and found that memory modules by Patriot should be given some serious looks too. Just check one of such article: *www.tomshardware.com/2007/06/15/hardcore_ddr2_ram_by_corsair/

Cheers

I wouldnt go for Patriot.For me, this is the order of preference,
1] Team Group
2] Corsair
3] Gskill
4] Cellshock
5] OCZ
6] A-Data
7] Patriot

and so on when it comes to Performance modules.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
The Corsair PC2-8500 kit does use Micron chips...
And the cost at newegg is not 230$. 230$ is for the kit with the Dominator Airflow fan. If you look at just the memory modules, its 193$.
1. *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145173
2. *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145043

monkey

Padawan
@Hells_Fury: Yep, dominator costs $193. Sorry, but it wasn't available when I had checked it.

@Bullzi: Go for dominator. theitdepot.com is retailing it for Rs. 15,500/- + shipping while yantraonline.in guys are saying they will get it for Rs. 14000/- + tax. Choose your pick.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
theitdepot quoted Rs 60 for shipping in the site.i ll have a good look towardsit today,going to order this week.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
BULLZI said:
theitdepot quoted Rs 60 for shipping in the site.i ll have a good look towardsit today,going to order this week.

FYI , There are some Kingston Value RAM in the market and supposedly the current sticks have Micron D9.Try and see if you get those. These D9Hxx series clock 1000 @ 1.8V or so :)

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
darklord said:
FYI , There are some Kingston Value RAM in the market and supposedly the current sticks have Micron D9.Try and see if you get those. These D9Hxx series clock 1000 @ 1.8V or so :)

ok i ll have a look today :).

hey guyz,i m facing a problem.whenever i m selecting the ram(from itdepot)
and checking out,its payment option is only via Visa/Master card.Bt i hv no card n wanna pay directly.I am being just unable to confirm my order:(.

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
BULLZI said:
ok i ll have a look today :).

hey guyz,i m facing a problem.whenever i m selecting the ram(from itdepot)
and checking out,its payment option is only via Visa/Master card.Bt i hv no card n wanna pay directly.I am being just unable to confirm my order:(.

Call them and talk to them directly.

monkey

Padawan
why don't u try yantraonline.in? Even with 10% tax you will save some amount and with 5% discount you would be paying 13,300/- + tax (thats 14,630/- with 10% tax). This is 930/- lower than theitdepot.com

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@monkey

ur info is really lot helpful to me.yantraonline.in uses DTDC services n it has a branch in Ichapore:D.thts gr8.even it has cash deposit option.i think finally i hv got the site from where i m goin to buy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom