Oculus Rift: The TRUE NEXT-GEN Console??

Akira

Augmented Nerd
I am sure many of u already know of this Virtual reality system by now, but if you don't-you're missing out on something awesometacular. Well, here's an introduction.

Seriously, it amazed the hell out of me when I first saw it. It's still in beta stages, but Youtube already has many videos of people trying different games on it.

heres-what-happened-when-we-strapped-a-bunch-of-people-into-the-oculus-rift-virtual-reality-head.jpg

This is true immersion. Better visuals, audio like it's actually going on around you. Hell, the Horror genre may finally be piss-your-pants scary again.

They are turning down the latency of the screens to decrease onset of motion sickness.

Oculus on the Future of Rift and Virtual Reality Beyond Gaming - IGN

I also saw a video of Mirror's Edge on OR. Now that was BLOODY AWESOME. And scary. :razz:

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
Oculus Rift development kit 2 goes on sale fo - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

simon7234

Banned
This is really a cool Idea. but this is what I have seen in kinect as well. moreover I have seen a news where a university students created a similar thing two years before.

snap

Lurker
Oculus Says They Didn’t Expect Such Negative Reactions to Selling to Facebook | The Surge

Top Bottom