NVidia or ATI. which graphic card do u own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

i have a nvidia FX 5500 [PCI] . i'am happy with it for now. though there is some to compromise, its okay...

OP
jamyang312

jamyang312

Journeyman
Alright now time for the results!!
The fastest graphic card right now isssss
THE ASUS N7800GTX TOP!!!!!!!!
It's core is clocked at 486MHz and it's memory is clocked at 1.35GHz.
It scored 17500 in 3dmark2003 and in 2005 it scored 8852.These two are the highest scores posted from a single card!!.

venkat1605

Broken In
Sorry,I have been asked some questions but i didn't reply.The ATI X1800XT cards i own r called as reference cards,thats what my brother told me,actually i to don't know what that means,if anybody knows it please tell me.My brother is a engineer in the core designing sector of ATI Technologies.These cards dont have any manufacturing name on it except ATI.Each card costed him 629$.I got those cards on the 17th of November.AND REALLY SORRY MY BRO INFORMED ME THEY R NOT CROSSFIRE ENABLED CARDS(thats really sucks as my hopes r dashed)BUT HE ASSURED ME AS SOON AS CROSSFIRE ENABLED CARDS R RELEASED HE WOULD GET ME THEM(he is taking back one of the X1800XT).Previously i used to own a X850XT PE.

Major-Minor

Broken In
@Venkat1605 - ...but, but you said you were running them in crossfire in your previous post? Well then atleast post pics of the cards and maybe the screenshot of the Ati Control Panel and benchmarks of the single card...which drivers are you using?

funkymonkey

Journeyman
XFX 7800GT Special edition.

Switching to ATI soon.
jamyang312 said:
Alright now time for the results!!
The fastest graphic card right now isssss
THE ASUS N7800GTX TOP!!!!!!!!
It's core is clocked at 486MHz and it's memory is clocked at 1.35GHz.
It scored 17500 in 3dmark2003 and in 2005 it scored 8852.These two are the highest scores posted from a single card!!.

Oh no, not even close buddy, X1800XT at stock speed will already score more. 7800GTX 512MB is faster.
The world record is much much higher for single card.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Running a Built-By-ATi Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition @ stock 520/1120 Mhz.

@Venkat1605: I thought you said you were RUNNING them in Crossfire in your previous post.

I am using X1800XT in crossfire (512 MB x 2=1 GB)

And reference cards, eh? Do you have an NQS sticker at the back then? I am a bit confused here. How come your brother sent you two cards and that too without one being a master card? Is he coming with a master card when he comes on the 24th? What motherboard are you running this Crossfire setup on, coz Major asked you which motherboard you have and you didn't answer that. An Xpress 200 mobo? Which model number? Are you planning to run Crossfire on it? Which driver version? Can you post a couple of screenshots of the ATi Control Panel (ACP)? Which are you using, ACP or the Catalyst Control Center (CCC)? Eagerly looking forward to your reply.

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey Enoonmai,U to have put me in crossfire i am not as good as u with hardware or any other stuff.I dont understand what is this master card & NQS sticker.I have a crossfire enabled mobo , the model no is ASUS A8R-MVP,given to me by my brother.I used a X850XT PE card on it,when the X1800XT's were delivered to me i plugged it into the two slots(PCI Express),i thought that would do it and i can play on it(dont know how crossfire is enabled thought it was a software & it was provided in the CD but the computer didnt even boot & it would combine the performance of both the cards).But they were non - crossfire cards(I didnt know it),i thougt there might be a problem with mobo(lots of havoc).On contact with my bro the truth surfaced out.I will test a single card at a time .I will soon post the screenshots of the catalyst control center here.My brother is not bringing any master card with him & he is taking one X1800XT back.I to dont know why he sent me two cards when they r not crossfire enabled.May be they r useless & bro is playin with me.I will install one card at a time with help of any proffesional and confirm it.This why i told u i am using in crossfire & not with any other intentions,sorry if u were confused & i am in a dilemma as i dont know a bit of what is going as i am not good with computers(only know how to play games).If anybody has complicated questions post them right away but i can answer them only on or after 24th as my bro will answer them(talk to the techie & confirm ur doubts).

venkat1605

Broken In
Some might think i am bluffing but as long as they(X1800XT) r not workin or put to use it equal to bluffing.Hope my bro or some other techie will fix to for me.Now i really have to work on my PC skills.My bro is also getting the top games & i now i am still stuck with X850XT PE(still using it if not for crossfire).I am in a position where i cant understand my problems or i would have posted them here.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
easy Venkat. No one is doubting what your saying. Since you have access to the cards people are just enthusiastic and are just curious and want to see what it looks like. Soo take it easy man :) Just post some screenies of your card and mobo that should be fine ;)

Major-Minor

Broken In
Man, is it so difficult to simply post a pic of the card/s or screenies of the control panel? You are probably the first person in India to get himself the X1800XT, obviously as icecoolz said we are curious about it man, did I say I doubted you anywhere? First you said you are running the cards in crossfire, now you say the cards are not being run in crossfire. Why did your brother who works at ATI send you two cards, one of which was not a master card, obviously he would know that the X1800 series can be run in crossfire only with the master card, which is not the case with the X1600 and X1300 series of cards. Also ask him not to take back the second card, he could sell it here for a small fortune, and I am sure you will find atleast a few people who might be ready to buy the second card.

Earlier you said you have an ATi Express 200G based motherboard, which incidentally has only one PCie 16X slot, now suddenly you say you have the Asus A8R-MVP motherboard which supports crossfire. Now this is getting confusing, let me ask you some simple questions, please if you don't mind -
a) Do you have the ATi Express 200G based motherboard OR the ASUS A8R-MVP OR both...infact has the ASUS Mobo even been released or did you brother send that too ?
b) Have you installed either one of the cards on either one of the motherboards?

Please clarify the above dude, seriously awaiting your reply or your brothers reply on the 24th.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
digitizen said:
i have a nvidia riva tnt2 32 mb ggggggggraphic card . ha ha ha ha ha ha

Dude a TNT2 32MB alongside a 7800GT!!! :shock: (referring to the previous post). I suppose it's time for you to upgrade... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom