Nvidia G92 will push the limits to 1 TearFlop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
So to compare .. ATI's R600 is like 450 GigaFlop. But in all honesty .. many roads lead to Rome and there are many ways to interpret the measurement of a Gigaflop. According to le Inq NVIDIA says it's G92 high-end graphics card will deliver almost a teraflop of computing performance.

In an analyst webcast, Nvidian Michael Hara says that the chip will be ready for Christmas, a release cycle the company adopted with G80, where high-end products come out for Chrimbo and the mid-range and low-end products hit in the spring.

This suggests a couple of things. One, that the delays we saw to the release of Nvidia hardware through 2006 and 2007 have now been factored into the schedule, to a point where we're going to see yearly updates of the high-end part every Q4. This is pretty nifty. Second, Nvidia doesn't see the benefit in releasing all three ranges of cards together, preferring to let the 'halo' effect of the high-end card provide a few months of advanced marketing for the mid-range parts.

Second, it puts DAAMIT between a rock and a hard place. AMD is readying Barcelona, and Intel is preparing its own native quad-core chip in Nehalem to hit at the same time. ATI will be prepping the R600 refresh for the end of the year and Nvidia will be hitting with the GeForce 9800. Tough stuff.

The actual power of G92 might surprise some. The 8800 can rustle up about 330Gflops, which means the green team is suggesting that the 9800 could be three times more powerful. If that's true, the question remains - why bother? What games are going to take advantage of that? If the answer is Crysis at 2560x1600, Nvidia better hope that the game doesn't slip much further than it already has.
Source-Guru3d:D

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hmmm...Everyone does not yet have the Geforce 8 series and now the geforce 9 series gets ready. good news is that the 8 series prices might drop.

sabret00the

Youngling
hmm "Technology"...uff...it changes before u even blink...in just another few months my brand new 8600GT is gonna be obsolete..ha ha

rajasekharan

Youngling
man , just give me loads of money , or sometime .

come on , this computer thing is emptying my pocket like hell.
just when i thought i had a decent comp to play games and all , another game comes and destroys the hopes . and another hardware rises the next DAY of my purchase...:(

DAMN , i hate this industry...:(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^^ Deal with it. i am still running my 4 years old FX 5900XT with Vista. Forget the tech man, think about what you need. If you look, u don't need anything beyond a GeForce 8600GT for the next 3 years.

In other news : nVidia G92 will require its own power plant :D

Both ATI & nVidia graphics card can do a lot of work, well..fine. But they seriously need to consider decresing the thermal envelop if these cards.

sabret00the

Youngling
gx_saurav said:
^^^^^ Deal with it. i am still running my 4 years old FX 5900XT with Vista. Forget the tech man, think about what you need. If you look, u don't need anything beyond a GeForce 8600GT for the next 3 years.

Very well said bro...that's a fact considering my monitor supports upto 1440*900 resolution wat will do with a card better than 8600GT...true

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Nvidia and Nokia are making me confused with their model names. Both companies name appear similar while scanning and now its G92 and N92. :|

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
QwertyManiac said:
Nvidia and Nokia are making me confused with their model names. Both companies name appear similar while scanning and now its G92 and N92. :|

Lolz...Imagine talking to your gf with a GeForce 6600GT next to your ears.

They both sounds same though...whine whine.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well actually the reason for the AMD ATI HD2000 series having so many shader units is that AMD ATI wants to compete with the nvidia's G9X series GPUs in shader performance.Though the stream processors are more in AMD ATI HD2000 series but the stream processor clock is slow due to which it currently gets beaten by the G8X series.However expect better performance in the future by the HD2000 series from AMD ATI cause they will definitely outperform the G8X GPUs in intensive shader usage scenarios due to more stream processors.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
i think the G92 Graphics cards wont be released within this year... plus such a card would require AC rooms to keep it cool;) and half of your house power;) the only plus point is that 8800 may become affordable:D

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
nvidia8800 said:
i think the G92 Graphics cards wont be released within this year... plus such a card would require AC rooms to keep it cool;) and half of your house power;) the only plus point is that 8800 may become affordable:D
Yes they will be released this year only and by September as of Nvidia's own board specific implementation.But i can just hope ur correct.But there's a big reason why nvidia will try to release them.Just like the case of the Geforce 5 series.

blackleopard92

In the zone
i heared that nvida/AMD are working on external graphics solutions for future to tackle heat and power issues. that mean, u would now have a seprate power plug for GFX card!! :D

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
i guess in another 2 months time, this 1gigaflop thing will be revised to 2gflops! :) even am starting to hate this industry.....just read news of ps4 right here:(
what abt the job openings in this industry??(wen u cant beat them, join them:) )

@Bobby...leme know wen ur card becomes obsolete, am ready to take it:D

rajasekharan

Youngling
i seriously dont want amazing games ........
i dont want amazing graphics card..........

i want , i want , i want

my 7600gt to last for a couple of years more and plays all the games superbly well at 1024*768 res . and let there be no graphics card killer games be released

so that, so that, so that

these money hungry card manufactures stop producing cards like this and make the devil inside me saying "go get it man...."

*www.myspacedev.com/img/smilies/sign/sign0171.gif

sabret00the

Youngling
gauravakaasid said:
@Bobby...leme know wen ur card becomes obsolete, am ready to take it:D

Well u'll have to wait for another 3-4 years for that my brother..ha ha

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=520923&postcount=2680

Last edited:
OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
sabret00the said:
Well u'll have to wait for another 3-4 years for that my brother..ha ha

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=520923&postcount=2680
Finally some good performance by the Geforce 8600.:)

meajmal

Right off the assembly line
wen i bought my 6 series to run vista especially...thot it mght be sometime befre i chnge it..nw...the 6 series is out...7 series is out...and man 8 series costs as much as a house nw....wht crap is this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom