Nvidia driver 162.18 stretching screen by 1.5 inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Strange problem I am facing with my xfx 7600GT.

I updated the driver to 162.18 directly from nvidia site & now I checked all scaling is disabled & I am using hardware scaling only at my native resolution 1680x1050 yet my screen right from the boot screen is extended either on left or right 1.5 inches randomly.

Its quite a problem, what is causing this, how do I solve it?

I also note that the same driver on xfx site is 68mb where as I downloaded it from nvidia is around 47mb, seems that I should have downloaded it from XFX site.

Need help

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Doing that now but searching google I found that this is a known problem with no solution reported nvidia forum.

What can I do now revert back to the original driver??

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
XFX site driver also had the same problem, so finally had to use the old version but I am surprised that new drivers have this problem & nvidia has not able to solve this.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Have nyone tries GRAW2 on 162.18? Its full of graphics curruptions and it shows BSOD saying some nv4.dll has gone mad ...crap crap..

I reverted back to 92.xx and GRAW2 worx fine, but Lost planet stopped workin. Lost planet work like a charm on 162.18.

nvidia has gone crazy and nowadays most of the newer drivers are buggy.
The new 162.18 needs ntune for ocing or temp loging. crap

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
XFX support people tell me the following.

Go to : TV and Video Settings : Adjust HDTV Desktop : Resize desktop : adjust the slider control on the TV and click OK

I need to try this again on the latest driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.