G

gxsaurav

NVIDIA has launched the 6600GT, check anandtech's review

Looks like ATI X600XT has got finally some beating in the mid range
This card will retain in India for Less the Rs 16,000 after 4 months atleast

OP
G

gxsaurav

Rite npow it's available in PCI-E form only with the HSI chip, AGP will come later

DKant

In the zone
16000???????? I thought it's retail price (in the US) was 199$. How can the price double (well almost) when it comes to India?

OP
G

gxsaurav

DKant said:
16000???????? I thought it's retail price (in the US) was 199$. How can the price double (well almost) when it comes to India?

Add taxes, freight charges & the prices hikes for everything

OP
A

aamiracle

:evil: Man! why don't the ministry bring down the tax on GPU's, which are one the most important parts?

By the way if someone get's this card from the US will he have to pay custom duties & all other stuff.

OP
G

gxsaurav

the yhave already removed the duty on computer parts, but still, there is transport charges, port charges, fraight, international texes etc, so the cost will be atleast 30% over the price in $, this is not only with India, even Europe pays this much via VAT

OP
A

aamiracle

I thought that a person can bring a laptop from the us without paying any taxes.Many people bring peripherals from the us free of charge.I was thinking of getting a 6600gt from the us through a freind.

btw Is malaysia cheaper or the U.S?

theraven

Technomancer
US is ofcourse cheper .. taxes apply in malaysia ...
u cant get it for free frm there
the ppl u see somehow managed to cheat the customs thats abt it

OP
A

aamiracle

But I have heard that you are allowed to bring components worth $600 along with you from the us without paying any taxes on the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom