Number of GSM Operators in India & the Best

Which is the BEST GSM operator in India according to you?

• Airtel

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • BSNL/MTNL

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Vodafone

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Idea

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Reliance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Docomo

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Aircel

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Virgin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raj_in

In the zone
Which is the best according to you guys......???
& how many are there i have lost count
1.Airtel
2.BSNL
3.Vodafone
4.Idea
5.Reliance Smart
6.Docomo
7.Aircel
8.MTNL
9.Virgin

anythnig missing let me know plzzz....???

I think vodafone is the best......using it since Hutch......some even from Oragne days

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have used 3 of them

1. Airtel have best coverage and offers...but it have poor customer care and they starts offers automatically and cuts our balance for no reason

2. Idea have the best signal strenth but poor offers...sometimes feels costly

3. DOCOMO...is the hassel free...not much offers ...all 1ps/s...good

I tried Reliance and BSNL too need to go to balcony to get signal...too bad

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for starting this thread Raj :) I was thinking of starting a thread for service provider discussion and came over yours. OK... Back to topic

I've been Airtel Customer for the last 5yrs before Swicthing to Tata Docomo.
When it comes to eating away your balance AIRTEL is the king. They sure know how to cut your balance for some Shitty reasons, Even then I had to be with Airtel just because it had good signal and coverage when compared to others in our circle.

But Finally when Docomo Came,time has come to say good bye to Airtel a$$holes:evil: .I donno how many useless issues I had to deal with airtel during my 5yr usage( Like automatic activation of offers,hellotunes and some Bullshit services:evil:)

I've been using Docomo for the past 6 months and I'm very happy about it, I'm saving a hell lot of money on Docomo and would have gone bankrupt if it was Airtel.

Getting a Docomo sim was a big issue initially and had some service niggles in the first month. But now everything is good and unlike Airtel where I can use only one special voucher( like.... if I was in a certain offer I couldn't activate any other offers like sms offer and stuff) with Docomo I can use multiple special offers simultaneously :))

Also the GPRS packs,usage and speeds are worth mentioning, definitely better than my Airtel GPRS experience. Will post Docomo GPRS speeds later.
Also "My account" service from Docomo comes in quite handy to check your last 10 calls time and call cost and there is an option to activate or deactivate offers to your mobile on the site itself.

Click here to register for this service.

Customer Care is not upto the mark yet since it takes ages for somebody to answer your call. But email requests and Complaints are responded to quickly. Once they even recharged mine with Rs.15 as an apology when I bashed them for not getting calls due to service issues. I was quite surprised with it since it was opposite to what Airtel did to me :))

One more thing which made to hate airtel more is.......When I switched back to Docomo I kept getting calls from Airtel CC ...mentioning my previous Airtel number and offering me some free activations and asked me to switch back to Airtel.

I wondered how these a&&holes got my new number and even shocked when they mentioned my old airtel number, which leads to the only logical conclusion that they have been tracking my IMEI number while under airtel and when I switched provider they might have got my Docomo number too :evil: the reason for my anger is that, these F#ucktards never track IMEI number when our phone is lost/Stolen inspite of Police complaints and running around Airtel offices, but now they track for all shitty reasons.

Phew enough for now. More airtel bashing later :))
Do do doooo do doo doooo DoCoMoooooooo I'm lovin it :))
The only reason I kept using Airtel was because of their Coverage and Signal quality
Airtel have best coverage and offers...but it have poor customer care and they starts offers automatically and cuts our balance for no reason
+Infinite :))

DOCOMO...is the hassel free...not much offers ...all 1ps/s...good
Buddy infact there plenty of offers on Docomo. Just check its website and select your circle coz offers differ from circle to circle.
*www.tatadocomo.com/special-tariff-vouchers.aspx

I used to think the same that there aren't many offers,but the reason is they are not publicized much and hence that impression.Multiple offers can be activated simultaneously and don't forget to join buddynet :)) At-least for the free period that is :)

bloomark

Broken In
isnt uninor a GSM operator?
its not as big as the others that have been listed but its certainly made its mark

Tamoghno

Padawan
Luckily where i live i get strong signal everywhere for every operator , full bars always , so signal is no problem.

I used Smart GSM from 2003 to 2006 and using airtel since 2006. its been great for me . maybe because airtel is not very popular in my circle .

DOCOMO launched just this week in my city , will try it once i get cheap sim.

What are you guys using for GPRS ? right now i'm on airtels Rs98/2gb plan . pretty reliable connection .

ankushkool

Youngling
I have been using Vodafone and Airtel quite some time in mumbai! and when i shifted to delhi i again applied to these 2 only... de diff! i got vodafone no. activated on de same day n airtel took 3 days :(

When it comes 2 customer service and offers none can beat Vodafone, network coverage for both is almost similar n really good.

And i have has some really bad experiance with Tata customer service... they literally drive you nuts... n even said 'if u have so much prob use some other service' crazy ! :p so i m not in favor of Tata.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

how bout u put a poll here!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
how bout u put a poll here!
yes,How about a poll. Raj, are you listening :)

And some more info on DoCoMo GPRS plans for those who didn't knew, thought this might be helpful.

Tata Docomo GPRS On Demand overtakes Aircel’s Unlimited Pocket Internet

Tata DOCOMO recently launched 5 new GPRS on Demand Packs. At first glance it was still unfortunate that Tata Docomo had yet not launched an Unlimited GPRS much like that of Aircel. However on careful analysis one can say that Tata Docomo has hit all the right notes with these GPRS packs which may ultimately prove to be more beneficial and equally economical for the customers.
*www.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/tata-docomo-gprs-on-demand.jpgAs per an analysis the following are the facts:
1) Tata Docomo Rs. 5 GPRS Pack: This pack is the first of its kind in the industry, available on demand and seems to be catered for those who are not frequent GPRS users. So if you want to surf the net, suddenly need to check your mail or just chat for a short period of time, this Daily GPRS all you need to do is just send an SMS and it is activated. On Aircel however, a user has no option but to buy a Rs. 15 GPRS pack with a 3 day validity. Although this pack may have Unlimited data Usage, it is practically inconsequential and useless for a user who does not make use of the GPRS facility on a daily basis and also offers very little for a frequent GPRS user due to its mere 3 day validity!

On the other hand Tata Docomo’s ‘pay as you use’ concept does wonders as its Rs. 5 pack (which can be activated via an SMS) comes with a 10 MB data limit and if you exceed that limit you only pay 50paisa/MB (1p/20KB)! Which brings us to our next point

2) Once you consume the MB/GB data limit on each GPRS pack, Tata Docomo charges you ONLY 50 paisa/MB. This is by far the lowest pulse rate in the industry today and no other operator thus far has matched these rates.

3) Tata Docomo Rs 48 Monthly GPRS pack: In this pack Tata Docomo has combined a Day/Night data usage limit. So in the day the data usage limit is 100 MB and the night data usage limit is 2GB. Still the argument remains why would you opt for this pack when Aircel offers an unlimited GPRS pack?? For me the answer is clear:- Aircel offers a Monthly GPRS Unlimited data pack for Rs. 98 while Tata Docomo offers it for Rs. 48 (less than half of Aircel)! Yes, Tata Docomo’s pack may not be Unlimited however with a day data limit of 100 MB and a night limit of 2GB it is extremely unlikely that an average GPRS user (or an above average one for that matter) will ever exceed this limit. If a user does however exceed it then he only pays 50paisa/MB on any extra browsing within the validity period. So why pay Rs. 98 for an Unlimited Pack when you can pay less than half that amount for a Tata Docomo GPRS Monthly pack and avail of free browsing data which is almost as good as unlimited?!

4) Since Aircel has introduced their Unlimited GPRS packs, they have experienced immense network congestion which has led to extremely slow browsing speeds. This proves that an unlimited GPRS pack may not be as beneficial or rather as convenient as one may feel. On the other hand for with Tata DOCOMO’s ‘pay as you use’ Monthly GPRS pack, you not only save money but you also get a high quality browsing experience due to lack of congestion.
SOURCE: FoneArena

And here's the link for Docomo GPRS tarrifs
*www.tatadocomo.com/gprs.aspx

I'm on Rs 48 Monthly pack and here's the speeds I get

TEST 1
*www.speedtest.net/result/729553424.png

TEST 2
*www.speedtest.net/result/729554947.png

TEST 3
*www.speedtest.net/result/729556188.png

Compared to my ISP, BSNL Broadband in 500C Plus plan

*www.speedtest.net/result/729557146.png

OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
Well its too late to start a poll the only way is to create a new thread...
Frankly i didnt think many would be interested...so i didnt create a poll in the beginning....
Anyways i just got a Docomo sim for Rs.10 with Rs.40talktime........
so i was jst asking to see if people thought if it was good or not

For me i had 2-3 bad exp with voda
1.once they activated a caller tune & cut Rs.48(15 fr download 30 rental 3 for disconnection sms)i was lk WTFFF..........

2.I actived a bonus card the sms came offer activated...
later i found out it wasnt
i called customer care they said they can only tell me what happended if i could tell them when i took the sim & whose name it was in....(i got if passed on from an employee of our company who left & it was 4yrs ago) so i could not :-(:-(
& they drove me nuts........

3.Sometimes if a bonus card ends they dont send a deactivation sms,,,,,,

Just wanted to knw from you just abt buddynet in detail like must do's & dont's & best offers of docomo........

Thnx :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@Raj
if you want to know about best offers just keep checking this page

*www.tatadocomo.com/special-tariff-vouchers.aspx

And this for gprs offers

*www.tatadocomo.com/gprs.aspx

right now the RC111/RC222/RC333 seems to be good. By recharging with these you get Rs.100/200/300 respectively and in addition to that you get Rs.11/22/33 Local talk time every month,for an year. That talktime is not restricted to same service provider, you can call any local mobile/landline.

Just sms BAL to 121 and you'll get your balance details and special offer balance & stuff and even your remaining bandwidth if you are on any GPRS packs :)

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

try diet sms too
*www.tatadocomo.com/diet-sms.aspx

And this for buddynet
*www.tatadocomo.com/buddynet.aspx

Right now buddynet is free for a month or two it seems :)) so join fast and enjoy cheaper docomo to docomo call rates and Free browsing on some social networking sites and twitter.
Thanks for deleting the double post mod :)

OP
R

raj_in

In the zone
Thnx..........bro
but how to chech sms balance & last call chrg.......?

Last edited:

chanchalchatt

Broken In
airtel speed
*www.speedtest.net/result/732713377.png

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

airtel speed

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
airtel speed

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

airtel speed
thank you bro
My airtel Sim is not active anymore and couldn't test it myslef
and the difference says it all.

*www.speedtest.net/result/729553424.png

I felt pages were loading much faster in Docomo,but didn't knew it was double that of airtel's speed :))

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
This is why Docomo Rocks, beats the **** out of Airtel everytime ;) First with second pulse and now with these superb monthly data plans 2GB for Rs. 48 and 6GB for Rs.98 *3.ly/RLSJ

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup right...I ditched airtel and now using only DOCOMO

with 1ps/2s(30ps)local
1ps/s(60ps) std
daily 100sms(after 3 sms)

And also activated Net @48Rs..100mb in day and 2 gb at night...speed is good

But i somewhat disappointed with signal...never faced signal problem with airtel

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
yup right...I ditched airtel and now using only DOCOMO

with 1ps/2s(30ps)local
1ps/s(60ps) std
daily 100sms(after 3 sms)

And also activated Net @48Rs..100mb in day and 2 gb at night...speed is good

But i somewhat disappointed with signal...never faced signal problem with airtel
But the big news is that Data plans are changed to full time 2GB and 6GB. No day limits and night limits from now on :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom