Nuke-proof USB Drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Now, this is the height of military geekiness! A thumb-drive which could stand nuclear effects!
*www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/7/4/IronDrive_1.jpg
What u r seein is the IronDrive, strong enough to withstand those tough conditions such as high temperature, shock, vibration, submersion, EMI and caustic agents. Boasting a bulky cigarette lighter like design, the IronDrive is an USB drive that has been designed tough as per the military standards and it could even withstand nuclear effects. It can operate effectively in temperatures as low as -40 F (-40 C) or as high as to +185 F (+85C). It weighs a mere 164 grams and the site says that it is cost effective.

Last edited:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
These fellows sure are crazy...Who wud bother what stays in the hard disk once they die...And first only this looks like some old fashioned bomb which is goin to blast rite away...lolz & even if I give it to my grand children they will just throw it in the dustbin

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Say black box, it could be used in aircraft blackboxes and fighter planes as storage for later analysis. Nuclear proof would keep it pretty much shock proof. ;)

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
@ Ankur... Nuke proof lappies!!!
Or better call them the Black Books (like BlackBox lappies)

BTW, There r armored lappies... some ads of Hummers driven over them...

koolbluez said:
I guess that means that if you had this flash drive and you were nuked, your MP3s would still be safe, so long as someone were around in another 100 years when the radiation goes away to get them.

But whats the use if the user himself dies.Or say the whole human civilization gets vanished by one strong Bomb..

adityastar

Right off the assembly line
what if the data is saved but the person who knows the password dies?????

and considering it a military used device, the password would be necessary and also it will not be an easy one!!!!

Whats the use for such thing?

din

Tribal Boy
I have a metalic one. Sure it is not Nuke Proof lol. But it is really good, can throw it hard and no problems at all. It is pen drive itself - Metalic pen - can write and other side is USB. Checked with the manufacturer's site but seems they are not making it any more :(

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Well even if they put passwords on the Drive and lock it, the password can easily be broken if the information in it is sensitive and of utmost importance...

talk about supercomputers :))

sabret00the

Youngling
Ankur Gupta said:
But we need laptops to also work in those conditions to be able to store data....

I think these notebooks used on the field by many armies around the world would certainly live upto the pen drive's expectations...
*www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/laptop-computers.asp

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
WHERE IS OUR SUPERMAN!! (KOOLBLUZES)
he might need this usb coz superman is quite susceptible to radiations

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Nuke proof...........hmmmm
The site says,"does all this and retains the “hot pluggable” feature of a standard USB devices, without the fragility of a typical USB connector."
That connector looks like a gas valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom