ntfs to fat32

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sportymaniac

I have converted my FAT32 file system to NTFS by convert command.now i want to convert it back to FAT32 but it shows convert is not available for NTFS.How can i convert it back.i have windows xp.

eddie

El mooooo
You can use Partition Magic. It can convert NTFS to FAT32 but remember that it is also known as "Partition Tragic". So do backup your data before doing anything as drastic as changing from one file system type to another. imho you can try Partition Magic but the best way to do it will be to delete the partition and then format. Choice is yours.

hafees

In the zone
as eddie said, it is very risk to convert fat32 to ntfs. The risk is even higher if you had password protected any of your directories, or used encryption etc. It will throw an error message in the middle and u can do nothing. So BE CAREFUL

nach p

Journeyman
BTW why do u want to convert from NTFS to FAT32.As Eddie told use partition magic or u can use Windows Disk Management.

I think NTFS is better than FAT32.
If we consider Security ,Compatabality ,Reliabality and Efficiency then all points for NTFS only.

OP
S

sportymaniac

Actually i want to reinstall windows but it tells me that i need to format all my drives to reinstall windows.If only c drive i can understand but all the drives?? :?: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom