now WIPRO Banned by World Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil

Back!
<!-- .bwtextaligncenter {text-align: center} -->
Wipro Technologies, the global IT services business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) today announced that in connection with revised disclosure policies, Wipro and the World Bank are disclosing that in June 2007 the World Bank determined Wipro to be ineligible to contest direct contracts from the World Bank for the period 2007 – 2011.
In 2000, in connection with its Initial Public Offering (IPO) of American Depository Shares (ADS) in the United States, Wipro offered a commonly utilized and Securities and Exchange Commission approved Directed Share Program (DSP) that allowed employees and clients to purchase ADSs at the IPO market price. The Program’s objective was to involve employees and customers with the public offering to expand our recognition and brand. A majority of the shares sold under the DSP were allotted to our employees.
Pursuant to this program, Wipro representatives offered the World Bank, through its Chief Information Officer (CIO) and a senior staff, participation in the program and they directed this offer to members of their family and friends. The aggregate number of shares purchased by them was 1,750 for approximately $72,000 at the IPO price. All participants in the program signed a conflict of interest statement that their purchase did not violate any ethics or conflict of interest policies of their company.
To date, Wipro’s revenue from World Bank is insignificant. Our inability to get future business from World Bank will not adversely affect our business and results of operations.

SOURCE

and
MUMBAI: Its just not Wipro. From an announcement on the World Bank website, there is one more Indian company (other than Satyam and now Wipro)
that has been deemed ineligible to receive contracts from the World Bank. US based IT Service provider, Megasoft Consultants Ltd, which is an associate company of BSE listed Megasoft Ltd, have also been barred for four years since 2007.

Source

ah...now the fun begins :rolleyes:

din

Tribal Boy
Hmm this is not good

First Satyam (of course their mistake), now Wirpo and many other Indian companies ....

Something serious is going on ..:(

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Heard from one of my WIPRO friend, the issue is that "World Bank" didn't renew Wipro's contract till the period (2007-2011).
Ajim Premji has mailed them that nothing to worry from it.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Heard from one of my WIPRO friend, the issue is that "World Bank" didn't renew Wipro's contract till the period (2007-2011).
Ajim Premji has mailed them that nothing to worry from it.
And you think that Ajiz Premji is Satyavadi Harishchandra?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I mean in what way will it affect the current situation. I dont think Wipro will be in a dilapidated state as its just a discontinuation of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom