Now that SGR has been discontinued, what to buy?

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Had plans to get SGR, coz of budget probs couldnt grab it asap :p. My SE T700(Java :O ) is resting in peace at a service centre near by :p .
At a shade less then 20k :shock:, SGR was too good a buy, but since its gone with the wind now, and i do not wanna fall back to NEO V, which i recommended to a friend in december i am considering options.
While, SGS Advance seems to be low on RAM as well as proccy!
A friend has offered me a brand new iPhone 4S for 25k from England, he has ordered one for himself via a relative.

So what would you guys suggest, any upcoming ones within 20k, coz that 25k budget can only be expanded for an APPLE(dad just loves Steve Jobs contribution and will help me out with the extra bucks then :p ), but it is not a certainty that my friend will get me an iPhone4S.

I will do a lot of gaming and app usage, a good camera is a must, as i love photography in a sense(can not opt for a camera, strict budget you see! :D )

So guys, any upcoming dual core phone under 20k! (How would you people know, but i am considering you have got some insights from some blogs may be or XDA :D )

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Whaaaaaaaaaattt?

The discontinuation of the SGR was only a rumour, right? Right? :(
I need to keep up with the news.

I already have an SGR, but I just want it to become horrifyingly popular, so devs will consider making custom stuff for it >_>

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Whaaaaaaaaaattt?

The discontinuation of the SGR was only a rumour, right? Right? :(
I need to keep up with the news.

I already have an SGR, but I just want it to become horrifyingly popular, so devs will consider making custom stuff for it >_>

Oh no!! This is the biggest s**t i have heard from Samsung, that they have discontinued the phone, it is not available anywhere, over the internet or Samsung flagship stores, mobile store, hotspot!! Not even a single piece!

It has not even arrived in my city , Jaipur! Dealers say, we havent got even one piece from Samsung.!!:-x:shock:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Yes SGR is now discontinued and these are not rumours...
You can check out lg optimus 2x... It is really a very powerful phone...

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Yes SGR is now discontinued and these are not rumours...
You can check out lg optimus 2x... It is really a very powerful phone...

Low on ram and its been quite some time now, to its launch.
Any upcoming phones in the same price bracket?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I believe the Samsung Galaxy S Advance is coming soon...

The Galaxy S Advance uses a 4-inch multi-touch capacitive Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 800x480 pixels, a dual-core 1GHz processor and a 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording.

It has 768MB RAM and 8 GB builtin memory + SD Card support... has 2 GB reserved for ROM and Apps...

Samsung Galaxy S Advance - 123.2x63x9.7mm, 120g

*st.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/12/02/galaxy-s-advance-live/gsmarena_001.jpg

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
I believe the Samsung Galaxy S Advance is coming soon...

The Galaxy S Advance uses a 4-inch multi-touch capacitive Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 800x480 pixels, a dual-core 1GHz processor and a 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording.

It has 768MB RAM and 8 GB builtin memory + SD Card support... has 2 GB reserved for ROM and Apps...

Samsung Galaxy S Advance - 123.2x63x9.7mm, 120g

Fair enough, but still unmatched to SGR!!
Help me out with these 2 points

1. Should i try and find SGR in the market and buy it, knowingly it has been discontinued.

2. Should i look for a second hand SGS-II ? ?
If yes, for how much will it be a good deal ?

noob

Cyborg Agent
Dont get SGR now..it wont get ICS ( as it is discontinued.) or just get the 1st release of ICS and 110% wont get custom roms.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Shall i opt for Neo V or wait for a month at max ?

Neo V is an excellent device. One month won't change anything. Companies are working hard and investing a lot of resources in order to port ICS to their phones... If you could wait for 3 months, then you will get good ICS phones...

But if you cannot wait more than a month, then I would recommend you get yourself a Neo V right away... Don't wait...

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Fair enough, but still unmatched to SGR!!

how? S Advance is lighter, got Super Amoled screen, almost same processor (ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 + ARM Mali 400 GPU). it only have a smaller screen and 256Mb less ram. this is a perfect combo. S Advance is better than R.

2. Should i look for a second hand SGS-II ? ?
If yes, for how much will it be a good deal ?

wait till next month & in the meantime search for used S2s. else get Optimus 2X if you can find it locally. remember R & 2X both are discontinued but O2X has excellent DEVs support (strange that LG mobiles get so much love from DEV community ;) )

Dont get SGR now..it wont get ICS ( as it is discontinued.) or just get the 1st release of ICS and 110% wont get custom roms.

it'll get ICS but as its discontinued, it may get ICS after next version of Android is released. yes, next to nil DEV support.

umeshtangnu

NULL_PTR
Frack u Samsung

btw just called my friend in samsung service center
he said it was just out of stock due to heavy demand

Last edited:

ritvij

rated R
if you want an android then go for galaxy sII used set! buy it for around 23k or haggle a bit.. check out

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 SII I9100 BLACK COLOR ANDROID 2.3 16GB | eBay

else go for the 4s.. its amazing and for 25k, a SUPERB deal!!!

funskar

Padawan
how? S Advance is lighter, got Super Amoled screen, almost same processor (ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 + ARM Mali 400 GPU). it only have a smaller screen and 256Mb less ram. this is a perfect combo. S Advance is better than R.

+1

s advance is way better than sgr ,, advance has a gorilla glass too which was missing in sgr..

varunparakh
check it out Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 Philippines Price Php 22,990, Specs, Features, In the Flesh! | TechPinas : Philippines' Technology News, Tips and Reviews Blog

n yeah advance is a replacement for sgr..
u shud wait till march q1 end as advance n s2 plus will fall n s2 prices will go down ..

OP
varunparakh

varunparakh

Gamer in me
+1

s advance is way better than sgr ,, advance has a gorilla glass too which was missing in sgr..

varunparakh
check it out Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 Philippines Price Php 22,990, Specs, Features, In the Flesh! | TechPinas : Philippines' Technology News, Tips and Reviews Blog

n yeah advance is a replacement for sgr..
u shud wait till march q1 end as advance n s2 plus will fall n s2 prices will go down ..

Awesome, will wait then! As in i mean, will wait until either ICS devices or launched or atleast S Advance. Thankyou TDF amigos! You people certainly make decision making capability stronger :D :p

if you want an android then go for galaxy sII used set! buy it for around 23k or haggle a bit.. check out

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 SII I9100 BLACK COLOR ANDROID 2.3 16GB | eBay

else go for the 4s.. its amazing and for 25k, a SUPERB deal!!!

iPhone4S is not a certainty, i hope i get it!
Will decide on SGSII by tomorrow or day after!! ;)

Broken In
Samsung might have discontinued SGR because it was eating sales of SGS2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

pramudit

Gaming hardcore

IMO too it is one of the major reasons... Everybody was going for SGR, even TDF has also seen that most people went for SGR instead of SGS2....

ritvij

rated R
iPhone4S is not a certainty, i hope i get it!
Will decide on SGSII by tomorrow or day after!! ;)

ohh! but if you get a chance then buy the 4s.. apple's ui and touch experience is still the best amongst all the devices :):)! The camera is perfect now and i had read somewhere that it was even compared against the canon eos 5d..! it lost but still.... :mrgreen::mrgreen:
galaxy s advance would be a practical option for an android phone as its specs are good.. if you want sII either save up a bit or wait for the prices to fall! IMO second hand phones are still second hand! the inner feeling of owning a new device after a long wait is great but same is not the case with buying second hand devices!! :youwish:

:+1::+1:

Top Bottom