now i want a dual sim phone

utkarsh009

In the zone
guys i need your help once again. if you remember, i just bought an lg optimus one p500. now i want a dual sim phone for my father. it should be good looking this is the first priority. secondly it should be touchscreen with an impressive UI and display. battery backup should also be good enough. my budget is at most 5k. i don't mind purchasing indian or any other company phone. guys please help!!!!!!! ;-)

sujoyp

Grand Master
u wont find a dual sim phone with good UI and nice touchscreen...

If u r thinking of micromax then it dont have a capacitive screen ...samsung touch duo is expansive..

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
i don't mind taking resistive touchscreen as i'll be replacing this phone after 2-3 years. i only need a stylish phone for now. i am thinking of purchasing lava a10. it has ips display and 3.2 mp camera with flash. how about it?

pauldmps

Banned
Why did you open 3 threads for this ?

Anyways, the best choice for all your requirements would be Motorola Kingfisher ex128. It is available for about Rs. 5600.

See this: Motorola Kingfisher EX128 - Full Phone Specifications, Price

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
sorry i wasn't opening 3 threads. the net i use on mobile is very slow. everytime i was pressing post new thread, it was not responding. later i realised that 3 threads have been posted. sorry!!!!!!! :)

@pauldmps: but lava a10 has IPS display, LED flash and has a battery capacity of 1400mAh which is better than 910 mAh. then what is better in motorola kingfisher that i should buy it for?

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
I am not an expert on Indian phone brands & I am not quite assured of their overall reliability.

EDIT:
I just saw reviews of both the Lava & Moto phones on youtube & I must admit that the UI of Lava is simply "HORRIBLE". At the price-point the moto is not something very great but atleast much usable than the Lava.

YouTube - Motorola in a dual-sim war
YouTube - LAVA A10 Mobile Phone Review

The Moto is available at filpkart for Rs. 5691.
Motorola Kingfisher Ex128: Motorola Kingfisher EX128: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
@pauldmps: yeah! the moto set is more reliable and is better. since i still have about a month to buy the phone so please anyone suggest a phone with LED flash if you know any. also can anyone provide a link comparing the battery backups of these phones? if i am not able to find another set with LED flash then i will buy moto.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@utkarsh009
All your requirements are self contradictory based on Budget Vs Features Required thingy ;)

I would avoid those Lava, Lemon and what not "stuff".

If you can leave that touchscreen part, you can get a few good models in your budget with all the features you want.

@pauldmps

Thanks for the info dude :)
Never even knew that Motorola came up with a Dual Sim Phone in India ;)

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
ok then can you suggest some good handsets without touchscreens which has cool features. l will see if they are worth leaving the moto handset.

pauldmps

Banned
@pauldmps

Thanks for the info dude :)
Never even knew that Motorola came up with a Dual Sim Phone in India ;)

Actually, there are two Dual-Sim phones from Moto - One touchscreen & another QWERTY. For details see the YouTube video I posted above.

@utkarsh009

Battery backup won't be much of a problem. I am currently using Samsung Champ (touchscreen) with 1000 mAh battery & it stays alive for about one week in single charge. I think the Moto will give you a little less standby due to its larger screen & dual-sim.

As for LED Flash, there is only the Nokia X2 (with excellent 5mp camera) within your budget but again it has only on sim slot.

OP
utkarsh009

utkarsh009

In the zone
now i have decided to extend my budget to max 7.5k and have also decided to purchase the phone in february. so now do i have any more choices?

hey guys i have a question. is motorola kingfisher a full touch phone? also tell me whether resistive touchscreens can be controlled without a stylus or not? does this phone have home screen feature i.e. more than one home screen?(which can be changed by sliding our hand)

Last edited:
Top Bottom