Now a 30GB Web E-Mail Provider

Do you think 30GB E-Mail is Overkill?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raj14

In Deniel
SOURCE: TechIMO
For anyone requiring an insane amount of email store, 30gigs.com is now offering 30GB email accounts. The service is currently in beta testing, and just like when Google rolled out Gmail Beta, an invite is required for registration. 30Gigs.com started off with the idea of creating a "All in one" site for the webmaster and avid computer users. Combining personal file storage, GD2 signatures and anonymous email all in one service, which would be free. Our main goal is to increase our space even further, to 50 gigs, or maybe 100 as time goes on. 30Gigs.com is still in a very heavy beta, and if you are a member, please help us to make it the best mail server there is. We will be offering a section for personal file storage (up to 30 gigs) and a GD2 signature maker to keep your email safe from spam robots.

It will be interesting if this service survives past a few weeks, not to mention several people are already pointing out that the privacy policy and terms of service are rather vague at best.

However, many users here at Neowin are wary of the service, it's privacy policy and terms of service. One user at Neowin, Qumahlin, called the service "shady" and stated "the ToS/Eula is amazingly short". The service is currently in beta and mimicking Google's GMail service it requires an invite to gain access to the service. Like other services that have popped up on the internet promising gigs worth of email we don't expect it to last longer than a few months so grab an invite whilst you can.

Talk about Overkill! i bet they won't last till Next year, 1GB Space is great, but unless Users Clone their Hard Disks into their Mailbox, 30GB is foremost overkill, it's also interesting to see wether, you would have an Attachment cap, considering there offering 30GB of space, why Cap the attachment size? :D if you're interested, you can sign up At 30Gigs.com

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Even I have used it but still it needs to add lot of features. Its Option box will fill soon. One thing I liked is this

*img408.imageshack.us/img408/7416/navjotjsingh30gigs0bh.png

Its a great anti-spam feature.

Please don't ask me for Invites now. Wait for some time. I will start distributing soon as I have very limited of them.

sourcecode

Broken In
Free invits available at
*ummat1.com/30GIGA/30gigs-account-regi.html
Bt i heard that u need a hotmail account .
i registered it n gv my hotmail account in secondry id space, hvnt tried with ne other id

madman123

Broken In
it really is

people could argue that one can then store one's data on the server, just like some people have tried with gmail. But where is the point if the internet around here is so slow...

ammusk

Journeyman
dude who cares bout the 30gigs as long as its not on ur HDD lolz
if it available fine ... no probs here

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
All of you have been surfing around the net finding a way to grab a invite from 30gigs.com and also many have started offering a bypass script by which you can get a invite too.

I just found a simple and yet direct way to access 30gigs.com to get invite yourself, actually this is not a invite, a direct registration at 30gig.com, its simple as you read this blog.

Step 1 : Use the url *www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/enter-any-name-here (see examples below)

Examples :

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/google

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/microsoft

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/linux

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/yourname

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/getyourfreeinvite

*www.30gigs.com/accept/79380/thanksdreamchaser

If you run short of ideas just give a big string of characters instead of google and microsoft like
/79380/4d8205897dec801b665b05223346297d

You can very well sign up, directly using the link put above, or by entering any character after /79380/ of your own wish. Its simple as easting a pie ?

Once you move to the step 1, the next is easy and the one which you do elsewhere to get a email account.

Step 2 : Enter the information that you will need toget started with your 30gig.com account!

No more bypass and no more requests for invites on every forums you visit! Happing mailing, though most of you are satisfied with your Google 1 GB mail service, this for people who are just craze in signing up, that comes as a invite (a trick that google used to create a hype, followed by Yahoo! 360 blog, also seen at Orkut)

Related Links : - 30Gigs.com

Source:

Also my observation is that you don't need a number 79380 to do this. Any five number combination will do.

Try these

*www.30gigs.com/accept/74183/google

*www.30gigs.com/accept/69580/microsoft

Also you can use this page also to create your 30gigs.com Account

*www.funponsel.com/blog/30gigs-account-registration-tool/

yash

I draw every day
prasad_den said:
30 GBs!!! Not really necessary....that too with the current internet connection speeds..
yeh the current internet speeds are the bottleneck

jay4u

In the zone
i have seen this... they trying to make HELL OF A NEWS... what to do with 30 GB and plus 2 mb attcahment... it will need 20000 mails with 2 mb attachment to fill my inbox..... i never gonna used that amount...

But the main Q is that is it as fast and feature rich as google and another important thing is that do they support POP which i doubt...

Let me check their site..... 30gigs I AM COMING

jay4u

In the zone
i have seen this... they trying to make HELL OF A NEWS... what to do with 30 GB and plus 2 mb attcahment... it will need 20000 mails with 2 mb attachment to fill my inbox..... i never gonna used that amount...

But the main Q is that is it as fast and feature rich as google and another important thing is that do they support POP which i doubt...

Let me check their site..... 30gigs I AM COMING

Note : sorry folks the browser and connection problem made me click the link twice

yash

I draw every day
None of you actually have a 30gigs account huh? i have e-mailed people atachments the size of 13 mb and 19 mb each.and i`ll forward those to u too if u want the proof!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom