notification area

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBRNAIK

Right off the assembly line
I am using windows xp profession. The system is being used by three users. Offlate, for one particular user the width of taskbar has increased and displaying the day of the week (viz. Sunday) near the system time notification area. I feel the size of the taskbar got increased to enable display of day of the week. I am unable to reduce the size of the taskbar and to disable the display of the day of the week.

Can anyone help in disabling the display day of the week

Thanks

anandk

Distinguished Member
log into that users profile, rt click on the task bar, uncheck 'lock the taskbar", move ur cursor to the edge/border of the taskbar, drag it down to the desired size, lock back the taskbar.

OP
S

SBRNAIK

Dear anandk

Thanks for the response. Before posting the querry, I tried to resize the status bar, but I couldn't do so. There should be some other way to remove day of the week from the notification area.

anandk

Distinguished Member
try this kellys-korner fix which restores taskbar to default functionality.

or then check this page.

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/stylucm5.gif

OP
S

SBRNAIK

Dear anandk

Firstly, I have tried to run the script indicated by you, it did'nt restore the old Taskbar bar. Later, I downloaded the program, TasbarRepairTool+, but this also did'nt solve my problem. There may some registry settings, changing which my solve the problem.

NAIK

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

and in right-side pane delete the following DWORD values, if exist:

LockTaskbar
NoBandCustomize
NoCloseDragDropBands
NoMovingBands
NoSetTaskbar
NoToolbarCustomize