NortonAV2002 OR NortonAV2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenblue

Broken In
hi guys...i know lots of threads already exists about subjects related to norton softwares...but none could answer my query so i am writing this one..i have a winxpsp2 system...PIII 450 MHz with 256 MB RAM...currently im using nortonAV 2002 & its working fine...
i wanna upgrade it to nortonAV2005...considering my system configurations, do you think 2005 will hog my system resources a lot and is it worth to install 2005 considering the enhanced benefits of 2005 over 2002 when weighed against the system resources hog it will create...?...
pls advise/suggest..
thanks.

theraven

Technomancer
not too sure
ud be better off with another av
anyways between the 2 ... 2005 ofcourse
never go for an older version
specially not for security software
unless they are just 1 generation apart

ujjwal

Padawan
Even though you have the RAM, upgrading to 2005 will have a noticable effect on performance. However, don't use NAV 2002

Just switch to another AV. Like AVG 7.0 Free. Its protection will be much better than norton 2k2, and it will be lighter on the system!

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Norton is the best............. but as u said it hogs ur sys. But there is no much diff in NAV2005 and NAV2002. Bith the same hoggers!
U cud give it a try! But y spend in bucks for smthing u get free........ AVAST the best AV free tool I believe!

busyanuj

In the zone
zenblue, out of the two go for Norton AV 2005.

I also use NAV 2005 on my P 3, 500 MHz......and it works fine.

and as theraven said it, don't go for older version, especially when it's an Antivirus suite.

OP
Z

zenblue

Broken In
thanks so much friends...im trying out NAV2005 for few days and will then decide finally...im not noticing a drastic difference as far as hogging of system is concerned...BUT there is a problem wth the Internet Worn Protection Firewall that comes with NAV2005...unlike Winxpsp2 Firewall/ZoneAlarm, it doesnt asks for permission to ""Allow/Block"" and program when used for the first time...its bit confusing how to use it...Do i have to set rules manually for all the programs accessing the internet? ..i tried to connect to Yahoo Messenger after installing NAV2005 with its firewall ON(Windows firewall OFF), but it didnt ask for any permission to block/allow it...yahoo just logged on..so How do i know if the NAV firewall is actually working or not?..when i checked the NAV Options for that category (Program Control), yahoo mess was not listed there as being ALLOWED..infact there isnt any program listed there...for the time being i have turned off that feature of NAV and still using windows firewall....pls suggest any link where i can find details about how to use NAV2005 Internet Worm Protection firewall effectively...the help files doesnt help much too on this...

M

manas

continue using norton 2002

i recommend u to continue using nav 2002 since it is suited to your system.nan 2005 hogs a goOd share of your system resources. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom