What is faster?

• A game running on a safe pc protected by Norton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I remember installing NSW2001 in 2001 and my was computer was much better fo without it.
Now I thought it improved bcoz my comp config is better. No they made a new product which can make a p4 with 256mb ddr and 64mb agp on ati card crawl. After I installed I saw a no. of processes starting which are nsw's i confirmed from windows inspector. I can't even close them. The antivirus slows the comp down real bad. Is it my settings? I also remember after isntalling thats it. IF u want to get u r old performance back u have to format the hdd and reinstall windows.
So put in ur views too.

Wizard

Journeyman
Humm... I feel own problems discusions can be put in Q&A or Software Disc

Having these kinda post here with meaning less Poll is absurd..

this is wht i feel...

silverTwins

Broken In
hwy buddy wiz i consider the post is in the correct place. and as regards my pals questionaire i have some really really personal experiences that i need to share.
these are my experiences of how nsw2001-nsw2004 screwed my system badly and how i finally realised that sw 2005 is the hero

people i have been an avid user of norton products and i think that their av is the worst in terms of memory usage,.

it simply slows doown ur system
and as far as nsw is concerned its very very gud and i love it.
its version 2005 is the best without the av installed and yes try top install some other av like zonealarms or mcafee

Wizard

Journeyman
silverTwins said:
hwy buddy wiz i consider the post is in the correct place.

hello buddy

the topic was previously in the General Discussions and its moved here now.

and i understand NAV slows down ur system but I felt the Poll culd hav been made better.

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
silverTwins said:
hwy buddy wiz i consider the post is in the correct place. and as regards my pals questionaire i have some really really personal experiences that i need to share.
these are my experiences of how nsw2001-nsw2004 screwed my system badly and how i finally realised that sw 2005 is the hero

people i have been an avid user of norton products and i think that their av is the worst in terms of memory usage,.
it simply slows doown ur system
and as far as nsw is concerned its very very gud and i love it.
its version 2005 is the best without the av installed and yes try top install some other av like zonealarms or mcafee

I agree. NAV is screwing up. I have linked it to many programs like winzip and download managers. When I am downloading batch of files. It takes so long to start after the download that the next file would have been downloaded and the file to be scanned would have auto opened after the timer of 10sec. AVG used to scan with such speed that its results screen would come up before the downloaded complted window.

Can u give some details as to what all features u use in nsw 2005. Why u thinkits good.

But did u see the processes in Taskmanager. It add nearly a dozen processes which can't be shut down.

I think the Recycle Bin protect keeps the disk usage very high causing read write slow down with games which use disk for swap and other stuff. I think I should disable that. Recycle Bin is enough I think.

What is the difference between Fast & safe cleanup of cleansweep and disk cleanup of XP

About the disk defragmentor. In NSW 2001 the disk optimiser used to take 5 days for 20 gb disk with 60% filled. Is NSW 2005 bad to the same extent?

Win Doctor seems to be same.

How is Norton Go Back? I wan't to install only after someone's review.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yea norton is resource hog....has multiple processes running at all times....though right now im not very concerned (thanx 2 1GB of RAM)...i know how it can slow systems down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom