Norton Ghost problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumblehere

On The Game
with norton ghost, while attempting to backup the entire OS drive to a folder in another drive. as bkup starts, it shows error in sector 34.

i scanned the drive with hd tune and no errors shown. pics attached.

any way to bkup my c drive. any other gud software to do the job?

*img193.imageshack.us/img193/1439/clipboard01xp.jpg

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/7613/capture1vp.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. looks like it is trying to do backup on System Volume Information, which is not necessary. Configure your backup schedule to ignore System Volume Information directory.

OP
M

mumblehere

On The Game
hmm. looks like it is trying to do backup on System Volume Information, which is not necessary. Configure your backup schedule to ignore System Volume Information directory.

the xp default system restore was disabled by me b4 installing ghost. do i ve to turn on default system restore?

didnt find the option for backup schedule in ghost.

1 more thing
::: when sys booting up, it often shows "connect bootable media or something like that, seems hdd not detected. i ll reconnect bus cable and/or power cable to hdd, n it works sometimes. after some hrs, same again. wat cud b de prob? (bus, powercord, mobo) ps, my bus cable is 5 yrs old
(had dis prob wit previous hdd with some added probs, but bot a new hdd, n still )

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) better keep system restore on. I need to check how to get through this issue.

2) better get new 80channel data bus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom