Norton Antivirus or Norton 360 :-??

Panchu

Broken In
I've been using Norton Antivirus 2006 for the last 4 years and it works real good.
I wish to upgrade to a new version of Norton but I'm confused. There are so many products available now like Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus etc.

Guys please temme the difference and suggest one. Which one should I buy?

ps:
Is there any other good/reliable all-in-one antivirus out there?
It should include system security and internet security including firewall protection etc.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
In MY honest OPINION -

Depends on your needs. Here's a comparison of all thier products -

Computer Security Systems | Compare Norton Products - India​

• The only extra features in N360 are 'backup and restore' and 'PC tuneup'. If you don't want backup options and if you don't backup your PC often then you can leave out N360. For backup, there are free alternatives available. For the tuneup part, there are free alternatives such as CCleaner or Advanced SystemCare.

• Now between NIS and NAV, the main difference is Parental controls and Identity protection. I don't think parental controls is necessary unless you have a small child. For the identity protection part, if you are not too paranoid about your safety on Internet, then you can leave that out too.

Now that leaves you with NAV. Go for it in my honest opinion.

--->> For the second part of your question, there are better free AVs like AVG and Avira or even Avast. You can use them along with anti malware such as Malwarebytes.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Not recommended: Norton, AVG, McAfee.
Recommended but paid: Avira Premium, Kaspersky (some like it), Eset Smart Security.
Recommended but free: Avast Free, Avira Free along with Comodo/Zonealarm/OnlineArmor. along with Malwarebytes antimalware (highly recommended) & Emsisoft Antimalware (optional).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I recommene Vipre

I have used Vipre.& was very good AV :cool:

@OP: when comparision comes Norton fails by margin from other excellent AV
such as Avast,Avira,Kaspersky etc

But if u r still inclined towards Norton then use Norton Internet Security :cool:

sygeek

Technomancer
Norton 360, if you want to stick with your choices. Else you can go with BitDefender, Kaspersky, AVG or NOD32, just see the features/reviews of each on a 3rd party site, and base your buying decision on them. But I personally recommend that you should buy NOD32.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I personally recommend you to go for free antivirus solution if you are a home user. Avira is recommended. Avast is also good.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@OP: I think nisargshah95 has done a fair assessment of your choice. For home use, NAV is better than 360, unless you want all those "Extra" features, which according to me are just bloat.

@gameranand: Have you tried latest versions of Norton? They are far from resource hungriness! Installs in under a minute, and is light weight as feather! Even if it's a 'little' heavy on resource, IMO, it provides The best protection!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@gameranand: Have you tried latest versions of Norton? They are far from resource hungriness! Installs in under a minute, and is light weight as feather! Even if it's a 'little' heavy on resource, IMO, it provides The best protection!

yes its better than previous versions :grin:
one of my frnd using it & is happy with it

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
Well never tried that and I won't because I ain't gonna pay for it all. I am good with freewares and they provide more than enough protection for me. Also No matter how less resource hungry Norton will be it won't beat avast and Avira in that department.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I will have to try Avira, since its being recommended by many members here.
And I suggest you to give Norton's 30 day trial a try. Since it's not good to have a misconception, that's long gone! It provides perfect example of what sheer determination and a little criticism can do! :-D

rsk11584

Journeyman
i am already using norton antivirus and looking forward to renew it but in norton website it shows different rates :

*buy.norton.com/estore/mf/upgradeRenewal?rdid=d1016488-5fcc-4ffd-a7b6-789ebaed11ea1328940594305

min is Rs.999/-

whereas in another computer shop online it shows some Rs.380/- only
Buy Norton Antivirus 2012 1 user Online in India

which one is reliable and why this huge price difference?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
i am already using norton antivirus and looking forward to renew it but in norton website it shows different rates :

*buy.norton.com/estore/mf/upgradeRenewal?rdid=d1016488-5fcc-4ffd-a7b6-789ebaed11ea1328940594305

min is Rs.999/-

whereas in another computer shop online it shows some Rs.380/- only
Buy Norton Antivirus 2012 1 user Online in India

which one is reliable and why this huge price difference?
No need to buy directly from Norton. You can buy from some other reliable site like flipkart, etc. I don't know much about aditicomputers.com so wont comment about them. I don't know why there is such a big cost difference.

rsk11584

Journeyman
No need to buy directly from Norton. You can buy from some other reliable site like flipkart, etc. I don't know much about aditicomputers.com so wont comment about them. I don't know why there is such a big cost difference.

Gee thanks a lot this will surely help me,, i will surely buy from flipkart or some reliable vendor :)

Top Bottom