Norton 360 trial review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronweasley

Broken In
could someone post a FULL review of the brand new norton 360?

i downloaded the trial version and here's what i found:
-transaction security-encrypts all our ids and other data(credit card nos; passwords, etc)
-online backup of 2GB
-two way firewall
-anivirus
-pc tuneup(i couldnt find registry repairs; software error checking, system health monitoring, etc)

-no progress windows for liveupdate
-no manual scan (its just a 1 click full pc scan....there's no shell extension like "scan for viruses" when u rt click a file)
-pc tuneup procedure is just one click(literally! there's nothing beyond this)

the verdict: all we've got to do is just click the "scan" button. there's nothing beyond this....we cant virtually change ANY setting(except a few things) nor view detailed progress of each aspect(like all the prev. versions of NIS/NSW til date)

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
A quick suggestion:

hmm. Try Kaspersky Internet Suite. Highly configurable, low on resources, better than Norton products when it comes to detecting AV.....

prasun_pj3

Right off the assembly line
guys somebody try norton internet security 2005 i know its old but certainly better then avast and my system doesnt get loaded

vikassethi

Broken In
I am using ZA 7. Day before yesterday I tried installing America's Army game on my machine and something happened to my machine and the desktop stopped displaying. Somehow I discovered that its ZA. So I uninstalled it and experimanted with almost all the Security Suites available. This is what I personally feel:
1. ZA7 is still the best as it has ZA firewall and Kaspersky AV.
2. Norton 360 is the second best as it is ver low on system resources and also doesn't effect the speed of opening applications.
3. Kaspersky does have a very good AV but it has an awful firewall which keeps asking you questions all the time.
4. Never install BitDefender suite.

OP
R

ronweasley

Broken In
prasun_pj3 said:
guys somebody try norton internet security 2005 i know its old but certainly better then avast and my system doesnt get loaded

yup....even i prefer NIS 2005/2006.....infact i've been using the HP/Compaq provided Norton AV/Firewall 2005 from 2 yrs!!!......there was nothing better than that.......

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
After having a hardtime wit Norton, thr is no point in trying ne odr Norton product esp. aftr dis review of 360... Sticking to KAV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom