Nokias,Firsts & India

Status
Not open for further replies.

oval_man

Journeyman
Some firsts for Nokia in India

1995 – First mobile phone call made in India on a Nokia phone on a Nokia network
1998 - Saare Jahaan Se Acchha, first Indian ringtone in a Nokia 5110
2000 - First phone with Hindi menu (Nokia 3210)
2002 - First Camera phone (Nokia 7650)
2003 - First Made for India phone, Nokia 1100
2004 - Saral Mobile Sandesh, Hindi SMS on a wide range of Nokia phones
2004 - First Wi-fi Phone- Nokia Communicator (N9500)
2005 – Local UI in additional local language
2006 – Nokia manufacturing plant in Chennai
2007 – First vernacular news portal

Some Achievements for Nokia
  • Ranked No 1 Most Trusted Brand Survey by Brand Equity, 2008
  • Ranked the No 1. MNC in India by Businessworld, India’s leading business weekly, 2006
  • Ranked as the No. 1 telecommunications equipment vendor in the country by Voice & Data for five consecutive years –2008, 2007, 2006,2005 and 2004
  • Ranked as the 9th most powerful brand by Millward Brown’s BrandZ 2008
  • Ranked world’s 4th most valuable brand by Interbrand, 2007
  • Ranked Asia’s most trusted brand by the Media-Synovate, 2006
source: *www.nokia.co.in/A4537052
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ur views pls.......

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice.....

Again,Good Old Memories!!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/09.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/21.jpg *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/29.jpg

Nokia 9500-1st wifi mobile-I still love and using it even now!

Last edited:

divorce certificate

Right off the assembly line
Established via a two year partnership with the Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology in Bangalore, it will give Nokia designers and India’s talented young designers the opportunity to work together on new design ideas for India and the global markets.
“India is a dynamic and inspiring place for designers with its diverse mix of cultures, traditions and color. The new satellite studio will help us further develop our understanding of this vibrant country and to work more closely with its extremely talented designers. Reflecting India’s status as one of the hottest countries for design right now I expect our work here to influence not only our thinking on new design trends and ideas for India, but also for many other markets around the world,” said Alastair Curtis, Nokia’s Chief Designer.
The satellite studio will explore a range of design trends and themes including detailed research into color and material trends in India, mobile use of the internet in India and its implications for design, and examining innovative new features and uses for mobiles. Run by a team of Nokia designers working with students at the Srishti School and established designers across India, it will also be a key destination for Nokia’s global team to visit to share ideas and be inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom