Nokia X2 Launched !!!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/14/06/nokia-x2-official/gsmarena_001.jpg

The Nokia X2 is now official and is a proper evolutionary step from the original Nokia X. There are updates both on the inside and out, but most notably, the Nokia X2 packs a larger 4.3" ClearBlack display.

Its resolution, however, is still 800 x 480 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of 217ppi. Under the hood of the X2, there's an updated Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset with a 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex-A7 CPU and 1GB of RAM. A welcome new addition is the Home button located next to the Back button under the display.
The battery of the Nokia X2 is 1800mAh (300mAh more than the Nokia X's) and is rated at 4 hours Internet browsing time on cellular network. Internal storage hasn't been specified by Nokia just yet, but we suspect it's 4GB paired with a microSD card slot for up to 32GB expansion.

With measures of 121.7 x 68.3 x 11.1mm and a weight of 150 grams the X2 is a bit chubbier than its predecessor. The Nokia X weighs 129 grams, so we're yet to see how the Nokia X2 will feel in the hand with the additional hole in its belt.
In terms of connectivity, there's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and dual SIM card slots offering dual stand-by. At the back, there's a 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash, which is teamed up with a front-facing camera for Skype calls.
Nokia has also updated its custom Android experience, which now boasts a very useful multitasking, the option to see most used apps and updated Fastlane. The free HERE Maps subscription for voice-guided navigation is also present. The notification drawer now packs a refreshed shortcut menu.
The Nokia X2 will retail for €99 (before taxes and subsidies) and is available now in glossy green, orange black, yellow and white. There are matt dark grey color available as well.

Specs -

4.3 inch clear back display LCD
480x800 Resolution
1 Gb ram
1.2 Ghz dual core cortex A7 Snapdragon 200
Adreno 305
5 mp autofocus camera with Flash
720p recording
Front facing camera
1800 mah battery

price should be around Rs 9500-10,000 something

nice specs for the price if the camera turns out to be great as lumia 620 , this one should be a big hit..

1 month skype free calling as well

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Still running JB 4.3 :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

anyways, the pricing suggests they are planning for a Moto G competitor with crap resolution, a bit inferior SoC and no play store access, wtf ?

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Still running JB 4.3 :mad:

they most likely will update it to 4.4 or 4.5 later on as the chipset is new so there is no problem in updating it , once Nokia platform 3.0 is developed

4.3 is actually great as there will be less problems with SD card restrictions

anyways, the pricing suggests they are planning for a Moto G competitor with crap resolution, a bit inferior SoC and no play store access, wtf ?

its more like a Much better MOTO E ... improves upon Camera and after sales service

sits in between moto E and Moto G

plus this would be available offline , in offline there is no phone apart from S duos 2 ..

and expect online prices to go as low as 7-8 k after a month or two

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
A really good contender for Moto E.

Similar specs, different strength and weakness
Moto E
+ Up to Date
+ 960x540 display
- No flash
- No Secondary Camera
- Poor Primary Camera (any chance this could be fixed by a software update?)

Nokia X2
+ Good Camera
+ LED Flash
+ Secondary Camera
- No Updates
- 800x480 display

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
A really good contender for Moto E.
- Poor Primary Camera (any chance this could be fixed by a software update?)

no the cam is fixed focus as well
Nokia X2
- No Updates

if microsoft carries on what nokia used to do then expect great updates .. nokia has been the best OEM when it comes to updates

even original nokia x has also received 2 updates till now and is rumored to be getting Nokia OS 2.0 ( android 4.3 )

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I should have been clear when I said 'no updates'.

Of course, there will be updates to fix bugs and add features, but I don't think Microsoft will be moving forward to the KitKat base any time soon.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I should have been clear when I said 'no updates'.

Of course, there will be updates to fix bugs and add features, but I don't think Microsoft will be moving forward to the KitKat base any time soon.

well this is microsoft for you

Nokia X, X+ and XL will not be updated to* X Platform 2.0 - GSMArena.com news

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^still a futile effort compared to Asus zenphone 4/5 and xiaomi redmi 1s

they aren't competing against xiaomi , asus zenfone, motorola ..

they are competing in offline sales.. online sales still account for only 1-2 % of total sales..

look at the options from samsung , Sony , Lg , htc .. you will find this phone to be the best among those right now hardware wise .. it even beats their own lumia 530 and 630 ..

samsung has launched galaxy S duos 3 for rs 8200 .. that still comes with 512 mb ram and 1500 mah battery

Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 affordable Android KitKat smartphone launched, priced at Rs 8,150 | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India

i am really surprised that microsoft even let this phone launch, this will eat into sales of 530 and 630 if they market it..

Last edited:

kaz

right here
My friend made his brother-in-law buy Nokia X and he cried later...If you are going to make any of your relatives buy this one, I'm sure they will cry too :p

Top Bottom