Nokia X Android Phone launched in India @ 8599/- INR

rish1

Cyborg Agent
an overprice product. if nokia could provide krait cpu on their lumia 520 currently selling for less than 8k with windows os (a paid one), why they cant do the same with a different os(android) that too open source??

once again i am repeating lumia 520 was sold at a loss to gain market share for windows phone .. had they not done this windows phone would have been declared dead by now.. outside of lumia 520,620 windows phone has been a flop till now..
whereas Nokia X is expected to make profit and there is no need to gain market share hence high price than lumia 520.. it may sound ridiculous since both are from same company but then you are forgetting this company was ruled by microsoft now they are getting independent... so they are really 2 companies Mr. Eflop and Mr. no Eflop

The problem with nokia X is not Bad pricing it is bad timing.. this device was in development since feb 2013 .. at that time the latest version available for android was 4.1 and the latest chip was cortex A5 with adreno 203 ( xperia E) .. they already had thousands of units produced by august but the launch delayed because of Microsoft.. had it been released in September the price would have been 6800 by now .. and don'f forget Xperia E1 just recently launched is the first Device in this range to sport cortex A7 cpu before this cortex a5 was the leader in this segment.. like galaxy Core , xperia E ,samsung low end phones ..

believe it or not there would be no difference in cost in producing nokia X with old hardware and xperia E1 with new hardware.. so they are stuck in this pricing if they have to make money.. it will fall down in price just like all other mobiles do by time.. consider these x,XL,X+ as prototypes late to the market.. the next versions will be coming out soon to replace these and with latest hardware for the segment.. besides android 4.1 is too heavy for 512 mb ram .. android 4.4 is the basic must for 512 mb phones

Last edited:

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
The phone was pitched by Nokia as below the Lumia line but its not.Its more expensive than L520 so as of now its worthless.It needs to be around 6k for it to be a good buy.
Yesterday I tried my hand on Nokia X.
Pro:-
Good Speaker
I find no lag after 1 hour of medium use
It has common android features like WiFi Tethering
Con:-
No Android type home screen,Only Windows tile homescreen with fastlane
User Inteface is crap

Nokia 502 is better than this

You can install a different launcher by sideloading it.All apps that do not rely on google's services will work.

Top Bottom