Nokia PC Suite 6.70.22 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Nokia PC Suite 6.70.22
Nokia PC Suite is a package of Windows-based PC applications developed especially for use with Nokia phones. Depending on your phone model, Nokia PC Suite lets you edit, synchronize and back up many of your phone's files on a compatible PC through a cable or wireless connection.

Key features :
· Automatic, secure data, information, pictures, and music transfer from phone to phone or phone to PC
· Fast, easy connection to the Internet
· Connect wirelessly or via cable
· Connect by using your phone as a modem
· Manage messages, contacts, images, and music
· Synchronize your phone and PC calendars
· Install Java™-based applications in your phone
· Convert ringing tone formats
· Play multimedia messages and videos
· Send text messages from the PC
· Back up and restore phone files
· Over 30 languages

Connection method compatible with your Nokia mobile phone:
- Infrared (IrDA) port
- Bluetooth via a supported stack: Digianswer Bluetooth Software Suite,
- Microsoft Windows XP Bluetooth, or WIDCOMM Bluetooth for Windows 1.4
- Nokia Connectivity Cable DKU-2 (USB) or Nokia Connectivity Adapter Cable DKU-5 (serial)

Changes in version 6.70.22:
* Bug fix for version 6.70.22 Windows XP SP1 and File Manager application
* Manage your text messages and phonebook easily with File Manager
* Automatic notifications when a new version of PC Suite is available
* Improved back-up and Image Store features

Homepage - *europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,72014,00.html

Nokia Lt - *www.nokia.lt/support/software/

Freeware

Download
*nds2.nokia.com/files/support/global/phones/software/Nokia_PC_Suite_67_rel_22_eng.msi

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
The biggest problem with Nokia PC Suite is that it runs a little too many services on background. There should be an option to switch OFF all services related to it from the software only.

That's I use Oxygen Phone Manager only .. just one exe file runs .. and only when I want it to ..
plus it has better features

-----
alibi

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ alib_i
Just remove those startup files of PC suite on msconfig.
This would remove the startup problem. PC suite is way better than Oxygen.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Well ... feature-wise Oxygen is far far better than Nokia PC suite.
It can show various kind of details about the phone when connected - alarm settings, network strength and details, battery, load on memory,etc, call register, logos, ringtone setup, folder manager, profile details and numerous other settings. It's backup functions are more detailed. You can do so much more in Oxygen than PC Suite.

Nokia scores only in looks ... nothing else.

That's why (we can say) Oxygen is shareware and Nokia PC suite free. It has too less features.

@aravind ..
I know I can do that .. but then when I connect my phone .. PC suite doesnt detect the phone .. and gives various other problems .. I have to start ALL the required services .. Only then it works.

Oxygen is so much better .. no background services .. nothing useless .. just one file .. start it when needed and then close it.

Hope you got my point.

-----
alibi

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
There is no PC Suite Vs. Oxygen here ... I agree that things that you pointed are certainly better featured in oxygen.

Its your personal chioce which ever you wanna use

I need the modem & other drivers that bunduled with it so no-need to run for them

But hey dude dont say this .. Shareware Freeware is not a Criteria to judge

alib_i said:
That's why (we can say) Oxygen is shareware and Nokia PC suite free.

I dont need that much detail .. so PC Suite works for me fine.

There is no denying that Oxygen is good too ..

Regards
mobilegeek

mAYHEM

Journeyman
When using Messaging feature of PC-Suite on N3230,7710 i cant connnect to gprs from my computer using DKU-2 cable in v6.7 after uninst SMS syn from my phone all works fine.Anbody having same problem on DKU-2

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
That should ... bcoz the phone is being used by PC Suite
There is nothing wrong in it ... the windows require the phone to be freed.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Well i never used two parllel connections on Data Cable{using GPRS and Messaging at same time}.Im mean after installing SMS syn soft from PC-Suite v6.7 :evil:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
mobilegeek said:
There is no PC Suite Vs. Oxygen here ...
My comments were directed towards aravind who, as you may scroll up and read, suggested that PC Suite is better than Oxygen.

mobilegeek said:
Its your personal chioce which ever you wanna use
Very true .. but then this is why forums are there. We discuss things and even change each other's views.
If you think it's personal choice, then it's good for you. Let aravind come back and give his views about what I said. It's not a fight, just plain talking.

mobilegeek said:
But hey dude dont say this .. Shareware Freeware is not a Criteria to judge
It isnt the entire criteria .. but the idea reflects. I know a went a little too far with that comparison.

-----
alibi

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
alib_i
Absolutely currect .. Dude .. need any help from me let me know .. for now you guyz r free to discuss ..
and HNY 2006 8)

Regards
mobilegeek 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom