Nokia N95 8GB Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolzsunil

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I bought a Nokia N85 8GB phone recently. I got an entertainment CD with it which boasts of Sholay and some other contents. I am not able to play any content available on the CD on my computer.
Also there was an activation code to be sent to nokia, which I did and after that I received lots of activation sms's.

I read all those sms's and still when i open the cd content(transferred to my mobile), I am still to unable to play it.

Does anybody know any solutions to this?

Sunil

reddick

Mobile Freak
Ok first try to run it on any VCD or DVD player,because due to data codes readed by these players only...if not than visit that showroom frm u purchased N95 so that those guys would help u or call NOKIA CARE...good luck ;)

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
am having the same problem... i dont think "reddick' is giving the right solution. (most dvd players dont support mp4 and 3gp formats..)

The question is how do we play those content in mobile, after recieving the DRM certificates.

In my case, after i recieved the DRM ccertificates, i was able to play only sholay 01, sholay 02 and sholay 03. Rest still unable to lock..

Any one successful?

assasin

Banned
^^^ same prob here mate.didnt try the Sholay files.but the other files didnt play even after receiving the DRM certificates.after receiving the certificates if i try to play a clip i get the error:'Invalid clip:eek:peration cancelled".

and guys hav u updated the firmware to version v11.0.026???
do update to that version.fone is a bit faster now.

Last edited:

magneticme200

In the zone
whre can i download the firmware update from??
and what is the way to update the phone...and also it is safe to do tht...

is thre any chnce of loosing any data as well??

thnks in advance..

manan

King Arthur

Broken In
@ Assasin : Won't changing the firmware make the DRM files invalid for the phone .
I don't have the 8 GB but in most other phones changing the firmware made the DRM's invalid .

assasin

Banned
^^^ i dont think so cuz even after updating firmware non of the DRM protected files other than the ones that come preloaded and the 3 Sholay files play.

@magnetic u've to d/l the firmware via Nokia Software Updater.u can do so only if u change ur pid to Euro1/Euro2.as of now firmware not available for APAC.
this firmware has inc'd the loudness of sound thru onboard spkrs.

assasin

Banned
can i share my Mobile Office connection my mobile to surf net on pc thru WiFi??

also guys comment bout ur new N95 8GB.
wat do u like best bout the fone.
as far as i'm concerned its the best fone i've owned till now.its damn good at multitasking.it just puts some much into ur hand.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
How many hrs can u continuously play music/movies... without charging?
Also... how is the audio clarity... did u listen to a SE W800i/810i before? Compare with it... with and without those noise-cancellation headphones...

And.. where & for how much did u get it?

assasin

Banned
How many hrs can u continuously play music/movies... without charging?

didnt test this.the longest i played is for 4hrs.so cant tell u how many hrs it'll play without recharging.
Also... how is the audio clarity... did u listen to a SE W800i/810i before? Compare with it... with and without those noise-cancellation headphones...
i dont hav any noise-cancellation ear/headfones.i've a HPM-70.
audio quality is gr8.i found it better than W800/W810i.
as of now i'm using a SONY MDR-XD200 and audio quality is gr8.

And.. where & for how much did u get it?
i bot it from Durgapur for 29.2k.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I meant the HPM-70 itself... fairly noise-proof (although not noise-cancelling). so u say it's aurally better than a walkman series phone?
and about the talktime... how often do u recharge it? i heard of low battery power (of course.. better than the old N95... bigger battery here)

i really needed the continuous play time(@least around 6hrs).. as i need it to replace my SE800i(9-11hrs).... which is a tough proposition...

the only reason i'm planning to jump to the nokia brigade is the larrrggge screen, symbian os, bigg memory & better camera... but i dont wanna compromise on my audio either.. and SE W800i rox da best of all i heard... yet.

MORE USER REVIEWS PLEASE
AND WHAT IS THE COST IN NAMMA BENGALURU ?

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
koolbluez said:
I meant the HPM-70 itself... fairly noise-proof (although not noise-cancelling). so u say it's aurally better than a walkman series phone?
and about the talktime... how often do u recharge it? i heard of low battery power (of course.. better than the old N95... bigger battery here)

i really needed the continuous play time(@least around 6hrs).. as i need it to replace my SE800i(9-11hrs).... which is a tough proposition...

the only reason i'm planning to jump to the nokia brigade is the larrrggge screen, symbian os, bigg memory & better camera... but i dont wanna compromise on my audio either.. and SE W800i rox best of all i heard.

MORE USER REVIEWS PLEASE
AND WHAT IS THE COST IN NAMMA BENGALURU ?

i hafta recharge everyday cuz i use my fone as a modem to surf the net and this uses a lot of pwr.
read in 1 site that u can play bout 9-10hrs of continuous music without recharging.if not 10hrs u'll surely get 8hrs.
get the fone.u wont regret it.its very good at multitasking.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
for bttr cam and audio stick to sony ericsson..
and guys please..i have heard the nokia n95 8gb...its gud but nt gr8...

and cam is just hyped...i did a lot of research before buying the k850..

audio quality is okish on the n95..the equalizers do nt make ne difference and it compromises the high notes fr the lower ones..bass reproduction si gud but treble is pathetic...

but its subjective...
a bulk to carry...luks dumb..battery life..less said the bttr...

an awesum symbian phone with gps and wifi..

chk out the w960 tho..costs 4k less..

Last edited:

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
Check this thread for the review...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73045

(This thread is going off-topic...pl stay on track)

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
I am having the same problem too.

Not able to play back any of the files?

Is there any specific procedure to get this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom