[FONT=&quot]2G Network[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3G Network[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 / 1900[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Announced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2010, April[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Status[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Coming soon. Exp. release 2010, October[/FONT]

Read More At:CyBeR nAuTéS: Nokia N8:Will You W8 For It???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nah. It's literally blown away by Droid X superiority in h/w and s/w. so, am waiting for droid X's GSM variant ;)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
well as a Nokia loyalist I am awaiting its release. Will plan to buy only after reading first hand experiences of the owners (honestly I do not trust reviews on the most of the tech sites on the web as most of them are biased!)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Seems kind of a letdown from the 600 Mhz ARM A8 processor that, N900 had...
Let's see... (I'd think apart from the camera, everything else might feel outdated...;) )

Still for 24k, (Its earlier price guesstimation, now it seems to have increased to 28k :( ) , it would still have been a much better buy over the likes of Satio. (for pure camera lovers, in fact, a friend of mine bought the Satio just for the camera.. )

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Suyash, what desiibond and Hrithan2020 are trying to say is that Nokia is still miles behind when it comes to better hardware. Maybe it is Nokia's policy to keep lower spec h/w to keep the cost of a handset lower.

Whichever Nokia model you pick from the market, its h/w config will be lower than the iPhone4, latest Motorola, Samsung and HTC handsets (but for a simple reason that Android/iOS4 need more processing power thus more juice) :)

What I am waiting for is the first hand experience of ppl. Whether is it really slow while carrying out day to days task.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would have loved it but the UI is fail....it looks 80% same as old symbian...same icons:cry:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@sujoyp,
Nokia still seems to play it safe. (their reasoning being that a majority of their user base would be familiar with the old layouts/icons...).

@gagan07,
Them sporting a 400-600 Mhz ARM A8 processor wouldn't have worried me. (considering that clock-for-clock, A8-based processors are,almost 80% faster than the ancient ARM11 processor, should also mean that it would be much more power-efficient.)

Sticking to a lower-clocked A8 would have been a much better idea, if they were aiming to lower power consumption, thus making the battery life higher.

Maybe, their intention is to target the mainstream market, after all?. (lnitially pricing the phone high to cash-in on the hype, then aggressively lowering the prices, 3-4 months after launch.)

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Hrithan2020 yaah u r right that ....but if u have ever used sonyericsson phones u would easily see the animated effects and 3d icons...Symbain phones r soo dull with poor animations and plain icons..

Nokia always target the mainstream that is the reason for their huge sales...
if they price it at 24k now...it will be best to get it after 6 months at 18k with firmware updates:grin:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@sujoyp,
I agree that (well, at least for me), the icons/layouts seem dull. I was just citing one of the reasons Nokia says it wants to stick to it. (Also, considering the anemic CPU-GPU's their predecessors spotted, it might be justified.)

Maybe, even now,(Nokia N8) with its reasonably powerful GPU, a more 3-D centric attractive UI, unless properly coded to use GPU, might have performed slow. Also, considering that there are lots of lower-end phones which may sport even more pitiful CPU-GPU combo, may not have been able to keep up with it.

Overall, a fast and snappy UI, should be preferred over a great-looking,but extremely slow one. So, if that indeed were the case, Nokia's decision makes sense.

I too think that at 24k, and with further price reductions after, it'll have really good sales ,at least in India. (where there still are lots of users who prefer only Nokia phones).
But, at Rs 28k (its rumoured price now), it might be a tough sell to some.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@28k its not a good buy...there r much powerful mobiles costing less then that...
I know people had bought N97 for 33k and cried later ...

I would say again its better not to buy the N8's 1st lot coz it would be definitely buggy(like all the symbian OS) and would need firmware updates later...better wait for 2-3 months:)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Yeah, but for Nokia to regain its foothold in the high-end market, it needs to be good enough on debut itself. (Maybe, that's why it took so long for them, to release a 12 MP mobile ? )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
N8 looks good...& in camera department it beats hell lot frm others phones...
hardware wise i cant comment.....coz HTC is using the best hw.....
1GHz snapdragon processor.....wow

Hrithan2020

In the zone
N8 looks good...& in camera department it beats hell lot frm others phones...
hardware wise i cant comment.....coz HTC is using the best hw.....
1GHz snapdragon processor.....wow

FYI, Samsung is having the best hardware wise (CPU+GPU), with their Galaxy S lineup, Epic 4G.

The newer Snapdragon processors, which the HTC Desire HD is sporting should come second. (Adreno 205- reportedly been several times faster than Adreno 200, which the older ones had)

@gagan007,
Where did you get that info? The unlocked price for Nokia N8 is 549 USD, which would come to below Rs 26k. If it is Rs 31k, it may prove a tough ask for even some Nokia fans ? :(

Btw, Nokia E7 (unfortunately not going to be released this year, it seems), looks great, doesn't it ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
E7,C7 all r great but y didnt nokia put autofocus in their cams...SE vivaz have focus even in videos

The new mobiles look great...but what about meego and symbian 4 OS...no announcement for that

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I read this article:
*mashable.com/2010/09/08/nokia-n8-coming-september/ and found that it is priced at $662 (which may not be accurately assumed to be launched in India with the price band but I just guessed)...

Moreover, I think it is further delayed in UK...
Top10.com » News » Nokia N8 release date delayed again

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@sujoyp,
Are you sure? In the previews, and specs sheet, both E7 and C7 sports autofocus in their cams.

Also, regarding the focus in videos, Nokia N8 comes with Active Hyper Focal Distance system,which supposedly, is better than the continuous auto focus on Vivaz. (Except probably at close distances)

It seems that both Meego and Symbian 4, is long way in the offing. I am expecting to see, Meego devices, only by the time Intel Menlow (32 nm, full SOC) processors come out...

suyash_123

Techno Freak
My god!!!
Again N8 is Postponed!!!

What the Hell Nokia is doing?
It is already to late ........

and when they will launch And came to India There will be a new phones from Other vendors having Superior Configuration

Like 12Mp cam Flash and etc.

Nokia Will Lose there Power and share In smart-phone market!! if they repetesdly do this......

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sujoyp,
Are you sure? In the previews, and specs sheet, both E7 and C7 sports autofocus in their cams.

Also, regarding the focus in videos, Nokia N8 comes with Active Hyper Focal Distance system,which supposedly, is better than the continuous auto focus on Vivaz. (Except probably at close distances)

What I read in gsmarena article about hands-on of E7 and C7 are

The Nokia E7 highlights list continue with an 8MP camera with dual-LED flash, 720p video capture, and 16GB of built-in storage. Unfortunately though, it turned out that the promising shooter is lacking autofocus, which takes some of the fun out.

Much like the E7 however, Nokia C7 lacks autofocus and relies on the so-called full-focus (or extended depth of field) instead. Yet this doesn't allow photographing objects that a less than a meter away from the camera so it's by far not the real thing.

And yes N8 is definitely better then Vivaz in every aspect...:mrgreen:

Top Bottom