Nokia N79 & N85 available

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
If the 5800 was not coming soon, it would have been a tough choice for me choosing between the N79 & the N85. But I would have probably choosed the N79 only because I am not that fond of sliders.

Congrats on your purchase once again & thanks for answering all the queries. Do keep us updated about the performance.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
there seem to be some prob with gps .. i am not able to get any satellite lock with it .. read somewhere on net abt it ..looks like few guys with n85 are facing it too..

lets see what i can do with it .. only used gps with sports tracker with n82 , n95 8gb.. n82 gps lock time was excellent whereas n95 8gb was very poor ..

@gaurav- n79 review is there on mobile-review.com .. its available in russian ..u can translate it with google translator ..pretty detailed one..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hey...had gone to alfa mumbai today to buy the n82...The price of n85 is 23750 or as yogi said...n79 is 19850/-...thought of going for the n79 but for the price range..i finally bought the n82 today & a free dvd...lol...:D

Jab we met & Rang de basanti ...lolz :D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
@ Yogi..Many many congrats for the N85..

Was out for a few days..so couldn't post at all...

Now I am confused between N79, N82, N85...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^^^
Thanks dude. For me, there is no comparison between n79 & n82. n82 eyes closed. n85 is a slider, and have got few improvements over n82. For 19k, get n82. Simply awesome phone.

Above 19k, n85 is excellent choice over n95 8gb which i did not like at all barring its 2.8" screen. n85 is the way to go above 20k if ur looking for a symbian handset :)

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks 4 the advice Yogi..
The Xenon flash is a great feature which is attracting me 2wards N82..I am a real shutterbug and want gr8 photos..May be the N79 is feature rich but this is something due 2 which I wud prefer N82 in less than 20k budget...

Greater than 20k, it is N85 all the way...U r right..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
For camera centric n series device, get n82 eyes closed. Though, i find n85 produces better, vibrant colours than n82 during bright daylight conditions. But there is a bug in software due to which, low light photos are not good at the moment. And rest assured, they wont touch the same quality as n82 due to lack of xenon flash.

LegendKiller

In the zone
how much did you get it for?
i went to mobile-store two days back,here in delhi, and they had no clue abt the price....people in mumbai got it at 23k...

Zangetsu

The Xenon flash is a great feature which is attracting me 2wards N82..I am a real shutterbug and want gr8 photos..May be the N79 is feature rich but this is something due 2 which I wud prefer N82 in less than 20k budget...

If ur budget is less than 20k then ----> Grab N82....:cool:
Believe me my frnd...u wont even regret dat u got this awesome fone...:D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
How is the audio quality of N85 as compared 2 N82? If both N82 and N85 r coupled with EP 630, which one will b better? And r pics taken with the N85 really 2 much worse than the ones taken with the N82???? If the diff. between pics is not 2 much, then I can go 4 the N85 even... It has other gr8 features as compared 2 the N82....

I m only considering the N85 & N82.. N79 is an absolute no no 4 me due 2 the LED flash and moreover it is in the same price range as the mighty N82....

Last edited:

Zangetsu

How is the audio quality of N85 as compared 2 N82? If both N82 and N85 r coupled with EP 630, which one will b better? And r pics taken with the N85 really 2 much worse than the ones taken with the N82???? If the diff. between pics is not 2 much, then I can go 4 the N85 even... It has other gr8 features as compared 2 the N82....
Almost same i guess..coz i haven't tested N85...but believe me the N82 music is awesome even with its own bundled earphones...:rolleyes:
No questions abt the quality of Xenon Flash...:p
If u like slider then go 4 N85 :rolleyes:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
No...he doesnt like touchscreen fones...;)

Touchscreen phones r still ok yaar...But the major factor which has put me away 4m the 5800xm is 3.2 MP cam and that 2 with a LED flash..Dammit, Nokia always 4gets 2 put everything in one phone so that people like us can buy it...:mad:

Zangetsu

Touchscreen phones r still ok yaar...But the major factor which has put me away 4m the 5800xm is 3.2 MP cam and that 2 with a LED flash..Dammit, Nokia always 4gets 2 put everything in one phone so that people like us can buy it...:mad:

Then check the reviews out there in web for both N82 & N85 & which impresses u most then buy dat....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom