Nokia N70-review

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
gdatuk said:
tuxfanji... :oops: .stop pulling my legs.... :lol: :lol:

:D I am not pulling your leg. I am truly impressed by your review. :) Next time onwards, I am going to consult you for a review before I buy a cell. :D But that could be at least 18-24 months from now because I intend to use N70 for at least that much time. ;) Additiontlly, I only recently bought handsets for my wife and mom and hope even they will use it for that long. ;)

Hope we both are around at Digit at that time :D

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ya me too intend to have this mobile for that long...if not atleast for 12 months...else my GF will hang me...haha..
and sure DIGIT will be around..

tuxfan

Technomancer
Here's a bug in the software that I found out.

Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > Security > Phone & SIM > Autolock Period and enable it. If this is done, the media key (the rhombus button on the right above the C button) will stop working. :(

I really miss the Auto Keypad lock function of earlier handsets. I know there will be some application for this. But why did Nokia discard it in the first place? :(

reddick said:
Good review man...i'll surely buy n70 now!!!
gdatuk, CONTACT NOKIA AND DEMAND SOME COMMISSON :D

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ya...now NOKIA owes me a lot..maybe they can give me their next new release and then i can use it and review it here. :lol:

Regarding autolock..ya it is missing...and its been missing in quite a few mobiles...just like IR ....i dunno why..

and this autolock phone feature is still buggy...suppose lets assume i got an SMS....then the autolock lock my phone...now if i get a call...the caller name is not displayed..it is behind the '1 message recieved" window

also...while on a call...and the phone is locked..and u get a call...u will not be able to see who the caller is..unless u unlock it...(by then the caller will hang up)

so its quite irritating....

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
gdatuk said:
Well, my rhombus got in some conflict with the software i installed i guess!
If the memory card is removed it works..opens the gallery...But i really dont care for that button...

i was wrong about the conflict thing. i guess the conflict is due a bug in the OS. if we enable auto phone lock...multimedia key is non functional. but when i turn that off...i am able to access...

tuxfan and others who have N70....can u try this in ur phone and tell me ...if there is a fault in my fone alone then ill go for the warranty claim..

tuxfan

Technomancer
gdatuk, check my post dated Mar 24, 2006. I have mentioned about this bug. Here's a re-run, especially for you ;) :D

I said:

Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > Security > Phone & SIM > Autolock Period and enable it. If this is done, the media key (the rhombus button on the right above the C button) will stop working. :(

I really miss the Auto Keypad lock function of earlier handsets. I know there will be some application for this. But why did Nokia discard it in the first place? :(

reddick said:

mingku1

Right off the assembly line
how to fax through n70 i was trying to fax my office number but it does not work plz help me it only shows connection error

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
tuxfan said:
gdatuk, check my post dated Mar 24, 2006. I have mentioned about this bug. Here's a re-run, especially for you ;) :D

I said:

reddick said:
tuxfan..my fault that i didnt read that fully...
too bad such a good fone got a silly bug like this...

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
well..its not preview..its a review...lol..anyway...N70 is very good and stable...u can go ahead and buy it....but if u have a little patience and more money..u can wait for the other N series to be launched soon...

Najesh

Broken In
gdatuk said:
well..its not preview..its a review...lol..anyway...N70 is very good and stable...u can go ahead and buy it....but if u have a little patience and more money..u can wait for the other N series to be launched soon...

Well thanks for pointing out my mistake,any idea abt new n-series phones that r going 2 b launched.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys....... New to this Section........ Which is the best software which can compress songs in N70......
And from where can i get gud ringtones..wallpaper..themes ...... for N70..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom