nokia n series vs sony ericsson w series...

which is better for music?

• nokia n series

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • sony ericsson w series

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
man..... this is my third post....today :D
which is the best if u take music as the main consideration....i've been having this argument with my friend for days...i personally think w series is better what do u'll think?....he also says that nokia 6270's speakers r very good & it is really good for listenin to music..is it true?

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
No way 6270 cannot match SE Walkman line of phones..
6233 which has stereo speakers and has good sound quality but SE Walkman phones will beat it too!

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

man it has been so hard to convince him..he says that he has personal experience....of both series of phones & he just wont agree :(

K

krazyfrog

6270 also has stereo speakers just like 6233 and has equally good quality. So your friend is right. The phone with the best sound quality through headphones is currently N91. But the other N-series phones aren't nearly as good. All the walkman phones have good quality but still N91 is the best. So there is no proper answer to your question as to which series sounds best. All the walkman phones have good quality but only one from N series manages to outperform them all while the others from N series aren't quiet close.

maskorama

MeSSiaH
walkman series beats all for personal music usage!!ot evn a single nokia moto bleu or any can match upto its in ear quality....it used to lack onda loudspeaker front though wich has nw been rectified with da new models!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i can't comment on n91 or 95 coz i've not personally experimented. but w series from SE beats any n series below those two phones including n73me.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
yaa i agree with infra red dude...............coz my brother is usin' N80 but da sound quality is average as compare 2 walkman series............

K

krazyfrog

^^ SE W550i has only two loudspeakers and not three. The front speaker is only used in calls and not for music.

yogi_7272

Broken In
for music through earphones walkman is best .. and yes n91 is very good too... but for video playback n series rocks .. specially n73 with its huge screen .. :D ..

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

ive heard people complainin abt n91 earphones not being good so...if it is the best then with good earphones it would sound amazin i guess :)

K

krazyfrog

^^ Yes the default earphones of N91 don't sound as good as walkman phone default earphones. Thats why many people think that the sound quality of Walkman phones is better than N91. But with if you use a pair of high quality headphones with both N91 and walkman phone then N91 will definitely sound better, almost as good as iPod.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hearing 'Music Quality' is purely Subjective!

There is no point in 'fighting' which is better SE or 'N' !

IMHO,Nokia N91 & N95 have gr8 music capabilities,no doubt but still SE Walkman (particularly W950i) has a 'final punch'.
(This is purely my personal observation as I have all the three mobiles).

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
I also agree that SE phones are the best for musics. But what about Nokia's upcomming 5700 XpressMusic. It has crystal clear Hi-Fi Stereo sound as said in nokia's site :
here

Also there is more extra features in nokia's phone like 16 M display colors (like 6300, 6700, few N-Series, few E-Series) which is today's best display colors and not available in other manufacturers like SE, SAMSUNG, Motorola etc.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Even though I am a Nokia FAN, I must say that SE is better in Music department.
But I like Nokia for its overall functionality. In processor speed and PDA usage even Nokia N72 can outperform any SE phone.

dtox

The Techno Perv
the name itself says "WALKMAN" its made for music!! xcellent headfones, good speaker,and ofcourse.... MEGABASS!!! :D

btw, i tested n73me and se 810i with seinheiser 450.. tough competition.. but the megabass in se truly comes to life.. no amount of fiddling with n73 eq. helped me achieve that kinda bass.. but w/o megabass, both sounded pretty similar..

just4fun

Broken In
krazyfrog said:
^^ SE W550i has only two loudspeakers and not three. The front speaker is only used in calls and not for music.

hi krazyfrog...
do any new model SE Walkman has 2 loudspeakers........

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
krazyfrog said:
^^ Yes the default earphones of N91 don't sound as good as walkman phone default earphones. Thats why many people think that the sound quality of Walkman phones is better than N91. But with if you use a pair of high quality headphones with both N91 and walkman phone then N91 will definitely sound better, almost as good as iPod.

Just experimented with a friend's N91 with Senheisser HD headphones as well as my W850i... N91 music quality is quite good but that of W850i is definitely superior... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom