Nokia lumia 520 or 525?

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
Moto E has better battery backup than lumia 520 You will have to charge your lumia 520 almost daily which is irritating I don't care much about SAR value,Moto E camera can too take decent shots.If i were you i would go with Moto E.

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently using Moto E and quiet satisfied with it.

Do u hav the black one or white one? I like the white one, should i order the white one? is it cool?
And thanks a ton for helping me to decide, You and every member who gave input in this thread. Thank you all.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Do u hav the black one or white one? I like the white one, should i order the white one? is it cool?
And thanks a ton for helping me to decide, You and every member who gave input in this thread. Thank you all.

I have black.Sensors are visible in white so it doesn't look cool to me so i bought black.People say white gets dirty easily I have never used a white phone so can't comment.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Now i'm more confused. I guess i write-off zenphone as they are new in the market.
So it is between Moto E and Lumia 520?

Moto E - PROS
> 1gb RAM
> Android apps

CONS
>poor after sales service
>high SAR values

LUMIA 520 - PROS
> better after sales service
> good camera
> less SAR values

CONS
> less apps
> less RAM

I like 1gb ram phone so moto e, plus android with all the apps.
But lumia 520 has less SAR values, better battery back-up and after sale service. (Although i guess i can get the after sale service from local mobile phone mechanic as all the touch screen phones are more or less same.)
So what do guys say, which one should i go for? Moto E or Lumia 520? PLZ HELP.

lumia 520 doesnt have a lack of apps and ram because the os is better optimised than android,i suggest you take a look at the windows phone store to see if the apps you want are present
lumia 520 performance is excellent and doesnt lag on such hardware unlike android which runs well only on a high end config
the 520 can even play san andreas with ease
ive tested this on my 720(simliar config)
moto e is also a great phone but battery life on the 520 is better and the screen of the moto is better
camera wise 520 is excellent and beats the moto hands down
also moto e is heavier than 520(not good or bad,depends on preference)
i can safely say you wont be disappointed with either phone as both perform very well for the price and have a very premium feel given the lower price

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
I suggest you go for functionality, look for those apps and don't bother about RAM unless you plan to multitask with 10+ apps

Service network shouldn't be bad for Motorola now that they have sold quite a number of phones here. But still, just call them up to see if they at least pick up the phone. This is just to gauge their response. I think it'd have been better had the members who had bought a Moto G/E comment about their after sales experience with Motorola, but I saw none.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Motorola after sales service is good lots of people complained about its loose cover.Motorola provide free back cover through flipkart no question asked for free.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^Motorola after sales service is good lots of people complained about its loose cover.Motorola provide free back cover through flipkart no question asked for free.

yeah they even offered device replacement and refunds for alot of users with defective handsets as well

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
I have black.Sensors are visible in white so it doesn't look cool to me so i bought black.People say white gets dirty easily I have never used a white phone so can't comment.

What do u mean by sensors are visible in white? What is Sensor?

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
black dot visible near earpiece in left upper corner which is not visible in black.

ok. Gotcha. Is Flip cover good or should i buy a back cover with a screen guard? How to protect my phone better? As i said earlier, i drop a lot.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
If that is the case better get a flipcover backcover with screen guard will make your phone bulky.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
ok. Gotcha. Is Flip cover good or should i buy a back cover with a screen guard? How to protect my phone better? As i said earlier, i drop a lot.

flipkcovers are clumsy,just get a capdase or amzer case with a screen guard(matte is great)
i got rid of my flipcover within 2 months,capdase is much safer and retains looks etc

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
[MENTION=183995]animes_d[/MENTION] Did you get your moto E?

Yeah, i got it. And i'm struggling with the sim card comapny to activate my sim and then i can start using my phone better. In all the other countries (not i'm a globe trotter, i went to london and thailand only), they activate the sim within an hour. why in india this is a hassle?

- - - Updated - - -

flipkcovers are clumsy,just get a capdase or amzer case with a screen guard(matte is great)
i got rid of my flipcover within 2 months,capdase is much safer and retains looks etc
i got amzer in flipkart? where can i get the capdase? wht is the diff btwn matte and matt finish?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Yeah, i got it. And i'm struggling with the sim card comapny to activate my sim and then i can start using my phone better. In all the other countries (not i'm a globe trotter, i went to london and thailand only), they activate the sim within an hour. why in india this is a hassle?

- - - Updated - - -

i got amzer in flipkart? where can i get the capdase? wht is the diff btwn matte and matt finish?

not much but matte finish feels better to touch etc for me atleast
depends on personal choice really,both are equally safe

Top Bottom