Nokia E51 and dataone connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranjya

Broken In
I have a E51 which has wifi. I have a dataone connection with WA1003A modem whichis wifi. The phone detects this wifi modem, but i cannot browse "No Gateway Reply".
I have made the modem to PPPoE and u-name and password entered.
I have also edited the access point advanced settings in phone and defined
Phone IP: 192.168.1.10, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Anybody have same problem....better still would be a solution.

chinawall

Broken In
well, I have e51 and browsed net via wifi ( at airport and in acermall), and the wifi is very fast to logging into network. As for dataone wifi modem i personaly dont have that ( i have LAN via cable network). Whenever u get the reply No gateway etc that means mostly settings problems not phone.
also be sure about access points. same access points wont work for different wifi routers( eg linksys in airport and linksys in acermall are different and incase u dont delete the linksys accesspoint ur new linksys wont work) so after using the phone as wifi its better u delete the AP (unless u use the same network frequently) also in menu/tools/settings/connection wifi has to be enbled( normaly i keep that never) again.
Anyway *www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2008/03/convert-your-xp-connection-to-wifi-for-your-symbian.html and *thesymbianblog.com/2007/11/27/wifi-without-routers-on-windows-xp/

might be of some help:)

But again i dont understand for wifi why one should require an IP/gateway/subnet (as u already have router!)all things should be automatic!
goodluck and kindly let me know what happens next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom