Nokia and Microsoft to allegedly launch Android-powered Lumia

amjath

Human Spambot
In a rather bizarre turn of events, it seems Nokia and Microsoft are working on an Android-powered Lumia device. The information comes from evleaks, who revealed little more than the text in the following tweet.

Big news: Android-powered Lumia incoming, from Nokia by Microsoft - Big news: Android-powered Lumia incoming, from Nokia by Microsoft - Evleaks
— @evleaks (@evleaks) July 7, 2014

It's bizarre because first of all, the Lumia brand has always been about Windows Phone devices, which is why the first Android phones from Nokia had the Nokia X brand name. Secondly, since when did Microsoft become so interested in making Android phones that it is willing to let go of its major brands to run on rival software?

If at all this is true, and we do see a Lumia Android phone, it will likely be a higher-end device but running the same basic software as the Nokia X phones. Perhaps Microsoft sees these as a means to push its services to the people. Services such as Bing, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, etc. are available exclusively on the Nokia X devices without the rival Google services.

What this means for Windows Phone remains to be seen but you can't blame the company for trying other things considering Windows Phone still hasn't taken off as expected.

Source

"its bizarre" the author says but no its not. Google may not be interested in windows platform but Microsoft is!!

Hrishi

Why Microsoft started supporting and showing keen interest in Android ? I thought , MS is strictly against Android OS>

- - - Updated - - -

But still , from consumer perspective a dual boot phone will be awesome.

$hadow

Geek in making
Micromax did announce a dual system but it was completely opposed by both Google and Microsoft don't know why now they are doing this.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Micromax did announce a dual system but it was completely opposed by both Google and Microsoft don't know why now they are doing this.

I have tried dual boot stock and aosp rom but I hardly switch. So this may be the concern

- - - Updated - - -

Why Microsoft started supporting and showing keen interest in Android ? I thought , MS is strictly against Android OS>

- - - Updated - - -

market share

$hadow

Geek in making
I have tried dual boot stock and aosp rom but I hardly switch. So this may be the concern

- - - Updated - - -

market share

May be or they both do not want to provide a unified experience that may also be a point.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

- - - Updated - - -

but not budget friendly (can't dual boot on low internal ROM) . Stock KK rom can take anywhere between 500 MB - 1.5 GB. Further more, the ROM partition won't have enough space to accomodate both the OS.

kml420

Broken In
I've read somewhere about sideloading Android apps in Windows phone, dual boot devices with both Windows and Android OS and similar stuffs. I think microsoft should work harder on its own Windows OS rather than going after the OS powered by rival Google.

Top Bottom