Nokia 6630 with Hutch Prepaid gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptid

Journeyman
I am living in Hyderabad,,,,, i own a Nokia 6630 and recently got my gprs activated(i.e monthly rental of 49/- with data transfer charges as 10kb=10Paise,,,, {i find it very expensive}),,, and after i got my gprs connection i was told that i will not be able to connect my phone to my computer and use it for internet and i will have to subscribe for a www connection which around 499/- mothly rental,,,,,,, so i need to know if it is worth getting that connection and if i get the connection what download speeds will i be getting ( keep in mind i got a N6630 i was told that since it has EDGE technology i will be getting greater Download speeds),,,,,, presently i got a local cable internet connection on which my download speeds vary between 8-14kb so i am expecting around the same download speed with my phone(!is it possible to get such speeds!)

magnet

Youngling
i too have orange and checking the rates i m thinking to change to airtel.....check abt mobile office.....ppl here posted it good...though speed is low for some...whereas good for some....

but i m goin 4 it

freezer

Journeyman
Well the connection which you have subscribed for is for browsing wap sites on your phone but if you want to surf the net on your pc then you will have to subscribe for www connection.
Talking about speeds Hutch supports EDGE so you should get speeds around 11-16 KBps.

OP
C

cryptid

Journeyman
on some other post i read that gprs speeds are at 115kbps and edge gives speeds above 384kbps=>30KB/sec download speeds is this true....
and with the www service can i do every thing that i do with a normal connection,,,,,i mean download torrents and stuff

OP
C

cryptid

Journeyman
I got the connection Working and it just rocks i am getting download speeds at an avgerage of 20kb/sec just for 499/- its far better than ne other provider around(cable net) and no data transfer charges now i just got to get this working under Linux and then i think i will shift from my Lan connection to this totally

OP
C

cryptid

Journeyman
ok now i have a slight problem with my connection,,,, every thing works fine but i am unable to receive calls and that sucks is there a way of receiving calls??? or is there a software that helps me make a way throu it or only notify that i am receiving a call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom