Nokia 6630 or Sony Ericsson K750i

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhineet

tech geek
which one out of these phones should i consider.

Please tell me what are the feature differences between the two.

what price are the price of these two phones in new delhi.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
dude.. if u want ma openion... go wid Nokia 6630.
well...
6630- Symbian OS 8.O, fPACK 2, sERIEZ S60, 1.3m cam, 10mb pool memory, Hotswap enabled...
in case of k750i.. well its got most probably 2 mp cam... nokia 6630-11.5k.. se 13k

PinKLip

Broken In
Compare is here
*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=811&idPhone1=1090

Camera compare is here
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_k750-review-34.php

my vote is for SE K750i

prankie

D PrankMaster
I will always recommend a smart fone over a normal fone... if it would have been N6600 vs SE k750i then also I would've picked up 6600.
coz, camera is not the onlything u use in a phone... with a smartphone you have the power to enhance features in ur mobile.. for eg. in 6600 u cant play mp3 and ogg files by default but after installing few apps u'll be able to play em.
thats the beauty of a smartphone, unlike on a normal phone where u are stuck with what u have.
and regarding N6630, its like icing over cake.. fast procci, 1.3mp camera for occasional shooting, and nice sound...
what else one want....

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whats your budget? What features are you looking for?

BTW,

6630 is a 1.3 MP Camera, SE K750 is a 2 MP camera
6630 doesn't have a radio, SE K750 has a radio

It all depends on your requirements. :) What you can live without and what you must have makes the diff. If both have all the features that you want, then go for 6630. Its a lovely phone, cheaper and Symbian too ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There is no software in the world that will give you the camera quality of the K750i on a 6630 and similarly, no software can give you an FM radio.
And K750i has a sleeker, faster and better UI (user interface).
And of course, Sony Ericsson is preferable over Nokia any day! :)

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
N6630 anyday man!!!!!!!! u cud also go for w550i. My bro (BLITZ~KREIG in this forum) owns it. Its damn good a phone under 12.5 k. Its only drwback is that it does not hv expandable memory

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
If you need to go for a Camera, then K750i. Its a very good handset, But the disadvantage is it not a Smart Phone!

Nokia 6630 is a very nice phone and with the smart Symbian, you can install various applications (Both Java as well as SIS).

Its very difficult to get a Java Application for SE K750i as most of the Mobile Applications are in SIS. If you install / upload a theme to K750i, only the background will change and not the icons.

My friend asks me that whats difference is with a J300i software to K750i, it seems the same. With large amount of money, they have given Bluetooth, Camera and FM.

Now days FM comes with both from Best to worst hands-frees. In K750i, you can only hear FM if you connect Hands-free which is a disadvantage after giving so much money.

I totally agree with prankie and even I pick Nokia 6600 over SE K750i.

If you need only camera, then go to SE 750i. If you want other features then N6630 is recommended.

I have SE J300i and N6630 and happy with them.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if u need symbian then go in for 6630. if symbian is not a concern then blindly pick up the k750i! rest assured..thats a gem..lacking symbian!

i myself was in a dilemma to choose between the two..but being an SE fan (as everyone knows here!)...i've decided to go in for k750i!

aadipa

Padawan
navneeth_snr said:
My friend asks me that whats difference is with a J300i software to K750i, it seems the same. With large amount of money, they have given Bluetooth, Camera and FM.
What is the difference between Windows 98 and Windows XP? They are the same, with more cost XP has got better UI, and high resource requirement :p

navneeth_snr said:
In K750i, you can only hear FM if you connect Hands-free which is a disadvantage after giving so much money.
Any mobile handset which does that without need of hands-free acting as an antenna?
[/QUOTE]

K750 is really a good phone, camera and sound are much better that N6630, much better UI and you can even minimize your java applications/games if you need to use phone features. Also no need to worry about virus like in Symbian.

While Symbian has its own advantages, applications are better in symbian.

Still I would go for K750 between these two.

Gokulakrishnan

Right off the assembly line
It is inappropriate to compare Linux with windows..similarly
don't compare a smartphone (6630) with a ordinary phone (K750)

6630 - high user customization
K750 - only to hear music..... thats all.

Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
aadipa said:
What is the difference between Windows 98 and Windows XP? They are the same, with more cost XP has got better UI, and high resource requirement :p
HUH???
Windows XP is far more stable than Windows98... Better UI is just a part..
Battle of SE and Nokia will never end... so its useless discusiing it here any further...
and regarding virus on a symbi fone... Does'nt ur computer get infected by virus??? what u do to avoid it, u install antivirus... so do the same here... ;)

Najesh

Broken In
Well friend i am into this thread after going through the thread "Se or NOkia Poll" if u would have read that 21page thread u would have never asked this question.anyways u have 2 see that u r interested in what?if u r interested in multimedia go for Se,but u r interested in installing various softwares in ur mobile like me then go 4 Nokia 6630.

hafees

In the zone
What about the Samsung D600? It has EDGE, 320X240 256k Colors, etc. Also if i extend my budget to around 25K which phone is the best. Pls advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom