Nokia 6300 and Vodafone GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclectic

Right off the assembly line
I have a Nokia 6300 and a vodafone connection. The thing is, I have activated GPRS on my phone and while the default in-built browser works [connects to the net], the third-party browsers [like Opera] and applications [like ebuddy or Gmail] do not. It asks for packet connection settings something.

I called up the customer service executive. They said the apps might not be compatible the phone but why? They had no clue.

I re-sent a message for the settings and re-activated but still not working. I noticed that the settings are only for Web and MMS but not for Access Point which is why I think the third-party tools aren't working on 6300.

The apps work fine on other phones like the N-Series and S60 models without needing any access point settings. I don't understand why they are not working on 6300.

Anyone facing the same trouble or have any clue as to how to make them work? And how to activate the settings manually?

Thanks!

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Vodafone Live or Vodafone mobile connect? All apps may not work with VL. Try if setting Vodafone Mobile Connect settings as default in all apps help.

OP
E

Eclectic

Vodafone Live.

Vodafone Mobile Connect charges around Rs 499/month while Vodafone Live costs Rs 49/month. Is it really worth it to subscribe for Vodafone Mobile Connect? I mean I just want to connect the third-party applications on my phone via GPRS which work on every other handset but not 6300.

I can understand some apps not working; but all [which require the net]?

MasterMinds

hell boy
u can make ur own settings.....
copy the details of web settings ang make a personel configration as acces point...that would work

OP
E

Eclectic

u can make ur own settings.....
copy the details of web settings ang make a personel configration as acces point...that would work

Well. . .I'm sorry but I need to be explained the whole procedure. :)

Please elaborate on how and what to do.

Thanks.

MasterMinds

hell boy
u neefu need to know some details like access point and proxy etc and fill in the required fields......i dont have nokia 6300 presently...
u can do one thing get these details from customer care and the setting thing lies in configuration under setting menu and then go to personal configuration and then choose access point u will b asked the things like access point and all that....

ThinkFree

Technomancer
In Delhi, Vodafone Live is having no monthly rent while monthly charges for VMC vary from 199(no free usage) to 899(unlimited use).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom