Nokia 6233 Bluetooth File Storage Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Is there a way to set all my bluetooth file transfers to head off directly to my memory card memory instead of the phone memory? Currently if anyone sends me a file via bluetooth then it straight away goes off to my phone memory which is a meagre 6MB on this phone.Hence an instant depletion in memory case of a large file being transferred.

Also there is a strange problem which I have experienced in this phone.I often listen to MP3's via the music player & sometimes have to place my phone in the pocket.During this session,accidentally my Push to talk (PTT) shortcut key gets pressed(which is located at the right hand side of the phone).Now due to this the screen shows up with PTT contacts adding menu & gets stuck out there.I have to switch off the phone in order to get rid of it.None of the keypress has any reaction at this point.Is there a way to stop this or is it some sort of a glitch?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First query - You should be able to change memory to card memory by changing the messaging memory.
Look under Messaging->Settings->Memory->Memory Card.

Second query - Try reseting the phone to factory settings.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hmmm... I always thought that in 6233 the files sent via bluetooth get saved in either the memory card or phone memory, whichever has higher free space.

About the PTT, can't you avoid it by locking the keypad?

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First query - You should be able to change memory to card memory by changing the messaging memory.
Look under Messaging->Settings->Memory->Memory Card.
Bear in mind that this is a series-40 based phone & the setting you are talking about is for series-60(Symbian) phones.I went through my phone & it doesn't have that setting.Thanks for your help again.;)

Hmmm... I always thought that in 6233 the files sent via bluetooth get saved in either the memory card or phone memory, whichever has higher free space.
Nope.Unfortunately this phone first takes it's default precedence over the phone memory as it's My Recieved files folder is in Phone memory.:(

About the PTT, can't you avoid it by locking the keypad?
I tried that too but sadly it gets activated for some reason as soon as the key is hit.I have tried changing the shortcut key option for PTT.That has temporarily fixed it but not sure if that's the solution.But this was really bugging me at times.:mad:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Bear in mind that this is a series-40 based phone & the setting you are talking about is for series-60(Symbian) phones.I went through my phone & it doesn't have that setting.Thanks for your help again.

I know 6233 is a s40 phone, but I thought it must be similar, so suggested it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom