NOKIA 6070 + DKU-5 + Ubuntu 9.10 64x

pankajhwr

Right off the assembly line
I tried my Nokia 6070 mobile phone with DKU-5 data cable on Ubuntu-9.10 64X via TATA Docomo GPRS, I succeed to connect through Gnome PPP and desktop showing two small network computers and mobile screen also showing 'G', but no data transfer and browser can't load any page, network properties not showing any IP address. I know I am little away from the goal, so please help me to achieve the goal.
Thanks in advance.

Pankaj Gupta

OP
P

pankajhwr

Thanks, I will check and revert back to you

I can't able to connect through Network manager. From where I can get complete settings of Network Manager for Tata Docomo GPRS (2G).:arrow:

utkarsh009

In the zone
please upgrade to the latest version if possible. now please try wvdial for connecting. (although gnomeppp is gui frontend for wvdial). are you sure you're able to connect? you may also try sakis 3g. please post a last few line of the output of 'dmesg' in terminal after connecting. my blog : micromax-mmx-310g.blogspot.com has some information about how to use sakis 3g.

Thanks, I will check and revert back to you

I can't able to connect through Network manager. From where I can get complete settings of Network Manager for Tata Docomo GPRS (2G).:arrow:

settings : APN: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET
number: *99#
username and password : leave blank if using NM applet or enter anything

OP
P

pankajhwr

I have given the same setting but no use. My Phone display shows at left-upper corner 'G' but at desktop no connection. Is any setting required in my phone Nokia 6070 to connect with PC? please guide me.

utkarsh009

In the zone
tell me what is the output you get after typing dmesg in the terminal when you are connected.

and btw did you check out my blog to try out sakis 3g?

OP
P

pankajhwr

Sorry!, I have not checked your blog till now but I have achieved the goad and for that I have replaced my data cable (DKU-5) with data cable (CA-42) and again configured the N/M with same way and it was get connected in first try but my phone still showing attachment not supported, I don't know why?

I will definitely check your blog for my information, thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge with me.

Pankaj

Top Bottom