NOKIA 6021 PTT/Voice Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
The user manual of NOKIA 6021 says that the PTT key should take me directly to voice recorder if PTT is not available from my service provider.

I have recently purchased the handset and found that infact the PTT key does not do it as above. PTT is not available from my service provider. When I press the PTT key, The following message appears
PTT is off. Switch on now?
The options yes and no appear, pressing either of them does not take me to the voice recorder but returns the phone to standby mode.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Pls help.....

raval_manoj

Broken In
Nokia 6021

Hi,

I don't have answer of your question, but have a question for you.

I'm planning to buy a new mid-range mobile. And want to have Nokia 6021. What is your experience? And what about price / features balance?

Your reply will surely help me to make-up my mind out of confusion.

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
NOKIA 6021 is an amazing cell. It has all the features that a cell can offer except a 'low grade camera' and FM. Excellent buy.

My problem is just a minor glitch in the phone sw which I think will be sorted out quite soon.

Go ahead, buy it.
A summary of features it offers:
EDGE; BLUETOOTH;IRDA;GPRS; 65K COLOURS; 24 CH POLYPHONIC; ORGANISER; PTT; THEME BASED SETUP; VOICE COMMANDS AND DIALING(includes signal and battery audiable alerts); MMS; EMAIL; HSCSD; and so on

All for a modest sum of Rs 6.5 to 7 k.
gr8 phone.

I am very satisfied

raval_manoj

Broken In
Nokia 6021

Thanks for responce.

First I checked Sony Ericsson J300i, Nokia 6030. But I liked 6021 because of some additional features than 6030. One feature FM Radio is not there in 6021 which 6030 have. But rest is ok. I don't need camera. Do you have any idea of memory of 6021?

Again thanks man.

pakkasir

Broken In
Well, i don't want to put off the N 6021 fans. It looks great(the sleek business like look), 65k colour screen, plyphonic and has great connectivity options: bluetooth and infra. But after 3 months of using it, i have come to the conclusion that it sucks big time!! Try searching for Bluetooth devices(non Nokia) and chances are that it won't detect it. Most of the time it needs resarting the cell to be able to send data through bluetooth. Then, comes the memory part. It has a measly 3MB (of which only 2.4 is actually available)onboard with no future upgrade options. The colours are great and so is the polyphonic sound. However, the voice recorder is not upto the expectation. Voice playback has a lot of disturbance and recording sound even 3 metre form the handset is not generally detectable. The symbian 40 series OS is too old(the same one as N6610) adn the games available are DOS like. The Edge, triband and Push to talk features are not something a common man will ever use. So there it is.
I migrated to S.E. k750i and now feel like GOD!

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
Hey Guys,
Ur taking the thread to a different region. Pls refer to my original question.

And Pakkasir, Could you pls, having been a user urself, help me sort out the isuue.

Vaibhav

OP
V

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
Dear Pakkasir
Let me state the issue again. As per the user guide, The cell PTT button should take me directly to the voice recorder if PTT is not available. Now, I KNOW that PTT is not available. But the PTT button does not take me to the voice recorder.

Instead it asks if I want to turn PTT on, which being unavailable , is not possible anyway. The phone returns to the standby mode.

I can however reach the voice recorder via Menu>Media>voice recorder, Its only the shortcut key thats not working. So now I have a key on my Cellphone on the right hand corner that id absolutely worthless.

Pls help in this regard.

pakkasir

Broken In
hey, sorry for replying late. But the sad truth is that your right button is useless atleast for now. I had actually called up the Nokia toll free no. to resolve this problem. After fiddling around with the instruction manual(whoever, the hell was in the customer care) and promising me to mail me back, I have yet to recieve a response. So, add it to the N 6021 woes. Again sorry buddy. But hey, you can still add the recorder in the shortcut button list(the left button on the screen) and move it up the priority list for faster access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom