Nokia 5700 Express Music - My Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nokia 5700 XPRESS MUSIC – The Experience

After 4 months of research,finally i purchased the Nokia 5700 Xpress Music. This is a music oriented phone from Nokia having a inbuilt DSP chip for great music experience & a twist mechanism to quickly access the music.

I decided to get myself a new phone because my old 3230 was just not fulfilling my purpose.
My main priorities were Symbian OS or LINUX OS,GPRS,fast CPU & good amount of RAM & a good camera. I had Rs.11K as my budget.
My hunt started some 4 months ago. First i was confused between Nokia 5700 & SE W810i.I took a visit to my friend who own a W810i,tested his phone for a couple of hours. I loved it's camera quality & sound also isn't bad. But it didn't had Symbain OS which was necessary for me. Also using it for browsing means installing Opera mini & so i was unhappy. So i ditched W810i.
After that came Nokia N73.One of my friend also had N73.Upon inspection i was satisfied with this phone the camera was excellent & the sound was also good. There were many positives of this phone but it wasn't in my budget.
After reading about Moto ROKR E6 in the forum. I decided to take a look at it. Luckily i met an old friend who had this ROKR E6.After fiddling i found this phone good at Rs.10K with 1 GB memory card,touchscreen,LINUX OS. It wasn't that bad. After reading some reviews on net i came to know about it's drawbacks like difficult one hand operation,few linux apps compared to Symbian.So this also was off from my list.

Now i finally shortlisted the Nokia 5700 Xpress Music. I checked the price with couple of dealers & also other details. And so on December 2nd went to Alfa to buy this great phone.
Went at Alfa at around 4:15 PM with my sister and mom accompanying me. The shop was bustling with a big crowd. Went to the counter he showed me two colours – Black & Red. After a bit of advice from my mom & sis to go for the Red one,i went for the black ;) . I scratched the card which came with the phone & i got a 30 songs DVD.I was hoping for the Bluetooth headset or 1GB card. None the less i was happy with my purchase. Took the phone,checked it & left home. Was very eager to get my hands on this little beauty. All the way home i was eager to open the box in the bus itself,but stopped myself very badly from doing it. Once home, before even i remove my shoes & get fresh a guest came. So now had to wait for them to leave. They left very early & i was happy for that. ;)
Now called up a close friend to arrive so he can also have a look at it. He arrived & with him was another guest. I said in mind no not again. Now i wasn't lucky, the guest remained for some 2 hours.
At around 8 o' clock i the moment finally came which i was waiting for. Opened the box & there “wow” in the air for a while. My mom,sis,friend & i was looking at this beauty for sometime.

What a moment it was! I won't ever forget this. :)

Thank you all for reading this patiently.
I will be writing a review soon on this phone.

Thanks,
Regards,
Gaurav Prabhu

prabhatmohit

Journeyman
Congrats on ur purchase. I m too an owner of this gr8 phone. BTW, What firmware do u have on this phone? plz reply to me via PM.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@amd64_man2005 - I have heard that 5700 sounds best on it's default headphones.Which headphones you used?

@GaneshKumar - I am working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom