Nokia 5230 Review

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Some things have changed, I bought the phone today for 7500. It comes with 2GB memory card, small data cable & a car stand (not useful for me).

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
@nmenon
You said 200kb, that means U used GPS with GPRS

Why dont you try without GPRS. 5230 should be able to locate you directly using satellite. GPRS is not required.

Use it & give the feedback

how to configure 5230 to use gps without gprs?
i didnt know that 5230 could locate the user directly from satellite?:?:

PraKs

Youngling
Disable access to GPRS

Go out in open then start map.

It should be able to fix the position in 2 - 3 minutes.

the_souvik

Addicted
You might not get one. This phone is already out of stock. Nokia is keen on selling 5235 and so this market strategy. I got one after months of exploring.

shivam007

Broken In
i compared 5235 and 5230 they are an identical copy (just an increased internal memory in the 5235) but that doesn't give them a fair reason to sell the 5235 at 1.5k more than the 5230
that's very silly of nokia

the_souvik

Addicted
i compared 5235 and 5230 they are an identical copy (just an increased internal memory in the 5235) but that doesn't give them a fair reason to sell the 5235 at 1.5k more than the 5230
that's very silly of nokia
They both have identical internal memory because we get the asia version which does not have increased memory.The price difference is for unlimited ovi music .

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
Recently installed the 15 day trial of SPB mobile shell from the Ovi Store. Makes the UI beautiful. You get 3-5 customizable home-screens, with various widgets, like battery, connectivity, a beautiful digital/analogue clock, weather, incoming call/sms/email notifications which can be placed any where on the screen. The home screen also rotates unlike the standard S60 v5 screen. You also get a carousel for various home screens and other screens (i.e Contacts, Apps, etc.). This makes the phone's UI look like a non symbian phone (read HTC like interface, the poor mans HTC if you please ;-) )

Using Tata DoCoMo in my 5230 now. I've got the conventional internet pack (Rs. 48 2GB, 1 month) With local towers switching over to 3G/3.5G (as shown on the phone's signal strength bar) I occassionally get download speeds of upto 130KB/s (Kilo Bytes) which gives amazing browsing speeds too with heavy pages loading almost instantly on the phone and pc (modem). I was surprised when I saw the speed initially, but these speeds are consistent whenever the 3.5G icon shows up on the screen.

kool

Cyborg Agent
I'm very happy with my Nokia 5230 which i bought 15 days ago for Rs.7000 with 2GB card free. By the way, Guys.. now My 2GB card is almost full, so tell me 4GB or 8GB will be good or not? As some ppl says that it get hang using big memory card.

OP
N

nmenon

Broken In
I've been using a 4GB card from the beginning, it never has more than 200 MB free with the music that I keep in it, so far its hanged once that was due to an App which got stuck. So no fear about a big memory card.

Top Bottom