No sound in Knoppix !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Hi..
I hv a Original Intel 865GBF Mobo + 1 GB DDR + 2.8 GHz HT Pro with Onboard SoundMAX sound. Whenever I use Knoppix (v3.2 to 3.8.1 latest) no sound is there. All else runs fine. Whenver I try to play songs, xmms says tht the output plugin is not configured properly or something is blocking my soundcard. I think the soundcard is not configured properly in Knoppix 4 my system... I tried booting up Knoppix in ALSA mode and changed XMMS output plugin to ALSA..still no sound..Plz help me.

harmax

Journeyman
rockthegod said:
Hi..
I hv a Original Intel 865GBF Mobo + 1 GB DDR + 2.8 GHz HT Pro with Onboard SoundMAX sound. Whenever I use Knoppix (v3.2 to 3.8.1 latest) no sound is there. All else runs fine. Whenver I try to play songs, xmms says tht the output plugin is not configured properly or something is blocking my soundcard. I think the soundcard is not configured properly in Knoppix 4 my system... I tried booting up Knoppix in ALSA mode and changed XMMS output plugin to ALSA..still no sound..Plz help me.

as pradeep said check whether the mute has been checked if checked uncheck 'em and all the equilizers,the same thing happened to me in fc3
and while using realplayer u have to manually increase the system volume settings if u have decreased the volume in realplayer as it is notorious for not resetting the system settings after it is quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom