no: of times xp activation exceeded what to do now

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuljawahar

Right off the assembly line
Due to problems with my motherboard my system crashed many times.i used the original xp cd that came with my compaq pc to reinstall.Reinstalling with compaq recovery cd formated entire hard disk and presented with a single partition and no way to change it.So i am using only the xp cd to reinstall.i had to activate it many times till now and succeeded.now i changed my motherboard and when i tried to activate newly installed msg shz up saying no: of times xp activation exceeded please type new product id! what should i do?I tried to contact their service phone no: but not able connect it till now.my xp will be deactivated in 5 more days,IMMEDIATE help needed please..............

busyanuj

In the zone
The Windows you're using in an OEM version provided by Compaq, therefore if you change your compaq motherboard to some other one, your license might stand invalidated. But in case you got your motherboard replaced by compaq, you can still continue using your Windows.

to find out more, dial +91 11 2629 2640 and talk to the Microsoft Customer Care Representative.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Go call Compaq they should help yo out .

If they cant go to Microsoft since its an original Win XP they should help you out and i dont think ur liscense stands invalid due to a mobo change.

The cust care will help you out(anyone's)

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
hey rahul dude...
just ring up the number given by busyanuj.they will ask for the old activation id,so keep it ready.....then they will provide u with a new activation number.........

branded pc's sucks....especially compaq....... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom