no lan connection using different ips

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinashtatti@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
THIS IS A VERY PECULIAR PROBLEM :: I HAVE AT MY WORKPLACE TWO WINDOWS XP COMPUTERS RUNNING THE LATEST CONFIGURATION , THE PROBLEM IS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SHARE RESOURCES WHICH CAN NORMALLY BE DONE THROUGH LAN CONNECTION
THE FIRST ONE HAS IP ADDRESS OF 10.12.10.25, THE SECOND ONE HAS

I HAVE TRIED DISABLING THE WINXP FIREWALL, I EVEN UNINSTALLED / REINSTALLED NETBEUI PROTOCOL, AND TCP/IP PROTOCOL. BUT THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO SHARE RESOURCES.

ALL THE COMPUTERS ARE PART OF WORKGROUP , AMAZINGLY THE COMPUTERS ARE LISTED IN THE WORKGROUP BUT WHEN I TRIED TO ACCESS THEM IT SAYS ACCESS DENIED , NOT ENOUGH PREVILIGES , NOW IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN WE ARE LOGGED IN AS ADMINSTRATOR [NOT ONE OF THE ADMIN ACCOUNT, BUT THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT] AND ALSO THESE COMPUTERS ARE NOT PART OF ANY DOMAIN.

HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP TEAM DIGIT :(

digen

Youngling
First & foremost dont yell.Yes having caplock turned on & posting is yelling.

Your problem is that you've seem to given the same IP for 2 different machines which is not correct.Or is it a typo? :?

Anyways you can configuring it this way:

Machine A
IP:192.168.0.1
Subnet:255.255.255.0

Machine B
IP: 192.168.0.2
Subnet:255.255.255.0

Workgroup should be the same for both machines & the Computer name should be unique for each.
Also you need to have shared resources ,
Right-click the folder you want to share & click sharing & security.Configure accordingly.

bravefart

Broken In
BE DONE THROUGH LAN CONNECTION
THE FIRST ONE HAS IP ADDRESS OF 10.12.10.25, THE SECOND ONE HAS

Ok mate thing is this that ; the address you have have their 10.12.10.25 they are not Your IP address of your systems regards to Internet; rather they are your Local proxies but why in the hell are they same if one is 10.12.10.25 the other should be 10.12.10.26(thats just an example) when you add more comps you just keep giving one additional no. ;never can two system have same Address on same local network. This should help your problem but I dont know what all options did you do fingering with(metaphorically); so I dont have solution till I know the details . Its best you let a networking professional have a look at it . Peace V

OP
A

avinashtatti@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
Errr!!

Iam sorry guys that was not same ips that was a typing mistake

they were consecutive ips (10.12.10.25 and 10.12.10.26).

Even now after reinstalling the os Iam not able to share

I don't know why??

any comments are welcome

digen

Youngling
Hmm..
Have you tried pinging them?
Try pinging the machine B(10.12.10.26) from A(10.12.10.25) & vice versa.

c:\>ping 10.12.10.26

Post the results here.

there are many ways

firstly check in ur internet options tht may be u hadnt clicked sharing option
secondly,ping to another computer may so that check if u are getting replies from that or not,i
easy way is to share that resource by click on the properties of that resource,and there u will find security and sharing option share that resource ie a folder or a drive thats it, u r resource will available to another computer do reply
:D

bravefart

Broken In
Yeah dude ;

You have got some many good advices ; Like Digen Verma's advice to Ping your lan address ; did you share your connection ; software wise that is . As I told you there are so many reasons why they are not working as you want them to . Its difficult to get a clear picture without being physically present but still dont give up .
Best of luck till then on your "hit and trials " :wink:
Peace V

Keep us updated on your progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom