No hurry, chillax. Buying advice for 10k -20k Android AMOLED compact phone.

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
please dont suggest the Mi3., I hate its aesthetics, design wise. Thats my opinion and dont hate me for that. :fc_bat: :)

1. Budget - 10k - 20k The lower, the better

2. Display type and size - 4.7'' Compact preferable.. 5'' is my last option ( Mi3, no you're not allowed)
720p or higher AMOLED, and non-round edge phones are preferred

3. Dual sim - Doesnt hurt.
4. Preferred choice of brand - Anything other than Samsung, Xiaomi, Lava, Micromax
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - >8MP back, Front facing anything is fine
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) ANDAROID all da way!

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - Daily usage, a little bit of everything. Lag-free gaming.? ( high-end )

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Can you please give me a little contrast on each of these.,
<15k - Gionee E5 , Alcatel idol X+
>15k - Moto X, Xperia ZR

I need your opinions on their battery life, development support(roms, kernels) and

10. Any other info that you want to share

There is no hurry in buying, can wait for a few month while saving a bit more. Meanwhile I need to know in-depth about each of the above mentioned. Can I go for them nw or do they look puny over those upcoming monsters.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Alcatel OT Idol X+ & Sony Xperia ZR has IPS & LCD display. Gionee Elife E5.5 & Motorola Moto X has AMOLED display. of all these, i'll suggest Xperia ZR. Moto X only if its price falls to 18-19k.

PS: ZR is last gen mobile and already disappeared from most online stores. doubt it'll get any more pricecut. better get it before the remaining stock runs out.

OP
axelzdly1

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
Moto X only if its price falls to 18-19k.

Moto X 16 GB is 300$ until July 31st !!.. How should I proceed.? Payment and shipping..?
I have some relatives there in Connecticut and some other states.But will take some time for them to visit India.other options.?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Moto X 16 GB is 300$ until July 31st !!.. How should I proceed.? Payment and shipping..?
I have some relatives there in Connecticut and some other states.But will take some time for them to visit India.other options.?

moto x is a great phone but if you are getting it from US,check out the Nexus 5 as well,its price is similiar and the slight upgrades are worth it

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if you are getting X from US, go for 64GB. Moto seems to be clearing old stock and giving out huge discounts. maybe worth waiting for such offer to show up again. i think you already know you can't get any warranty services for imported device.

OP
axelzdly1

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
Got myself a refurb- Nexus 7 2013 16gig wifi for 129$ at ebay USA.
Guess I'll hangout with my Xperia Sola for a little long.

Thanks for the suggestions. ! Looking forward for a MotoX/ XZR in the next year. :)

Top Bottom