No display with new graphics card

toxictaz

Broken In
I have a Asus M2N MX SE Plus motherboard, AMD Sempron LE 1200 2.1 Ghz CPU, 2 GB RAM and 450W PSU. I recently bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 1 GB graphics card as part of my upgrade plan. I will be getting a new CPU, mobo and RAM in the near future. I plugged in my new graphics card to test it but there is no display on the monitor. I checked several times whether the card is properly seated or not but its fine. The primary display is also set for PCI express in BIOS. My board has onboard graphics. What could be the problem?

Last year my brother brought a used Geforce 7300 gs to check on my PC and there was this same problem of no display with it too. That time I thought the card must be bad. So I am guessing could it be a faulty PCIe slot?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The stock PSU could be the culprit.
What is your PSU? I mean mention the model and wattage capacity.If it is a local PSU,then that crapware might be posing a problem as you mentioned about your display.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
elaborating... Check your VGA Cable connections from Monitor to your Cabinet, whether its plugged to Motherboard's VGA port or Graphic card VGA port.

OP
T

toxictaz

Broken In
I am plugging the VGA cable in the GPU's VGA port. When it is plugged in the motherboards's VGA port the display is fine. I am going to try the card with another PC tomorrow.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Test the card with DVI port too.
Also checking it with other PC is a good idea, better try with a PC that is already using another GFX.

Gollum

Collector
DO this.
Connect you card on the system board
now
connect you monitor to the onboard VGA
see if you get display
if you do, then your onboard vga is not switching to Discrete GPU.
Just restore defaults in your BIOS and your system should work fine.

Top Bottom