No beep sounds while booting...monitor powered off

Abhijiet

Right off the assembly line
Hi! Digitian :) I facing an hardware problem, when i turn on the PC it does not boot up, monitor is powered off, plus there's no beep sound at start up, the PSU, Graphic Card, and CPU heat sink fan are working, i hope the information provided is helpful. Twice computer technician came and did some servicing but after couple of days same problem revives. :sad:

The assemble Pc config is Mobo: Asus P5Q, Processor: Intel core2duo, PSU: Corsair 450W, RAM: 2x2gb ddr2 Transcend, HDD: 2x2 500 and 1 TB (both Seagate), Optical Drive: Lg dvd 20x, Graphics Card: ATi Radeon 4850

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi! Digitian :) I facing an hardware problem, when i turn on the PC it does not boot up, monitor is powered off, plus there's no beep sound at start up, the PSU, Graphic Card, and CPU heat sink fan are working, i hope the information provided is helpful. Twice computer technician came and did some servicing but after couple of days same problem revives. :sad:

The assemble Pc config is Mobo: Asus P5Q, Processor: Intel core2duo, PSU: Corsair 450W, RAM: 2x2gb ddr2 Transcend, HDD: 2x2 500 and 1 TB (both Seagate), Optical Drive: Lg dvd 20x, Graphics Card: ATi Radeon 4850
You need to update the bios, clear cmos, reseat rams and graphics card, you might need the help of a technician.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Dear Abijit
Beep sound comes on completion of a successful POST/BOOT it comes from the Buzzer installed in ur MB, what do u mean by Monitor powered off is it on Power saving Mode

Test with only a single stick of RAM and the GFX card Unplugges and get back

OP
A

Abhijiet

Right off the assembly line
Hey! Scientia Wiz thanks, i can't remember when was the last time i changed my CMOS battery... will try tht :idea: ,

also awaiting technician who's coming tomorrow ...

Hey! tkin i just wanted to know how can i update my BIOS..do i need to flash it, can i flash it through USB drive....or can you explain me how to do it...

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Hey! tkin i just wanted to know how can i update my BIOS..do i need to flash it, can i flash it through USB drive....or can you explain me how to do it...

Just install ASUS update from the MB cd and update from NET i would suggest u wait for the Tecnitian if & let him do that

Top Bottom