No audio after sometime in Win 7 x64

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This is a weird problem I am facing for last 2-3 days. I don't have a speaker, and the sound via headphone stops coming after few hours. If I reboot the system or even send it to standby and then wake up it comes back, then say after few hours, maybe 2 or 3, haven't measured, it is gone again. I haven't noticed something like, I am listening to some music or watching a video, and the sound disappears in middle, but have faced it when I am away from PC and then come back and say see a video, then no sound!
I don't install any software unless I absolutely have to. For past one month only two modifications are made on my desktop,
1- Installing Avast Pro.
2- Unless I am gaming I always use Power saver option under power plan in CP.
3- I updated the Win 7, fully. But that just few hours back, after noticing the problem.

So what's up? Any help is appreciated.

PS: I checked Device manager, and see that this USB controller thing is always there disabled. Have tried updating it, no luck! There was also another thing in exclamation mark, and that was 'Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport'. I uninstalled it.

No audio!.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
something is really causing issues with your windows.all security suites usually install a network driver to monitor network traffic & without it firewall protection won't work as expected.try in performance power mode & see if issue is still there.

Top Bottom