Nikon D-5100 @ Hyderabad

indranath

Broken In
Dear All,

I am looking to buy my first DSLR - Nikon d5100 at Hyderabad but it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

I had been to Third i banjarahills today, where I was told that if I book this camera now by paying 5-10K and I would get the camera after 21 days. They quoted the price 38950 and freebies included tripod stand, case, 4GB card, UV filter and screenguard.

Also called up Byas Photo at Himayatnagar where I was told to enquire after 1 week.

I need help and suggestions from experienced guys here in the group regarding where to buy this DSLR and what would be the right price.

Thanks in advance....

SwiftLover

Broken In
Hi,

I have booked Nikon D5100 with 18-55mm VR kit lens. Its been more then 2 weeks now..still i have not received mine. I am quoted 35K for D5100 with Kit lens + 4GB Card + Nikon bag + Bill with Vat + 2 yrs Nikon Warranty.

I haven't paid any advance amount as, I know the dealer personally. The Dealer has assure me that he will hand over the DSLR by this weekend.

Why don't you try in Croma Store?..they are selling for 35K! in Pune.

OP
I

indranath

Broken In
Thanks Swiftlover, Where have you booked your d5100. The price you mentioned looks good to me...

I will check with Croma @ Hyderabad today !!!

SwiftLover

Broken In
My Nikon D-5100

Default My Nikon D5100
After waiting for nearly 45 days, I got my Nikon D5100 on Sept 05, 2011. Here are the pics of my D5100 (Pls. Excuse me for Pic quality)

Bought from Nikon Authorized dealer. I got a good deal for 35,500 with bill and 2 years Nikon India warranty + 4GB Card + Nikon Bag. I paid 800 + 100(12.5% Vat) for Hoya HMC UV (C) Multi coated filter.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Congrats great deal...but what r u planning to do with hoya filter...use as a lens cap or use it while takeing snaps :)

OP
I

indranath

Broken In
Congrats.. That is indeed a great deal... I too got the same cam on 26th of last month. Got it for 37K :cry: from authorized dealer @ hyderabad.

Along with the 4GB card and case, I was offered a UV filter and scratchguard as a freebie.

SwiftLover

Broken In
@d6bmg : I had asked a deal for 3 Nos. X Nikon D5100 Camera. He had offered me deal for 36.5K with 16GB Class 4 Card. I bargained a lot and he offered me for 35.5K(D5100 + 18-55mmKit+4GB Card +Bag + Bill + Warranty) with out 16GB Card.

sujoyp: Hoya filter is to protect the lens and to filter out UV. I use filter while clicking snaps and also use lens cap for protection.

indranath: Congrats for your purchase :) . Which Brand UV Filter he offered? Don't use Hard Case Screen Guard as that can damage the Hinge of the screen.

dilipm

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Guys I know this is an old post..I am looking forward to buy Nikon d5100..even now there is shortage of d5100..and the excuse they give is the flood!!!!!
One thing surprises me...the flood is long over ...nikon started its supply long back...I really suspect that these authorized dealers are just playing this shortage game to keep the prices high!!!...
Anyway...the online Nikon price right now is 42,950...Can anybody suggest to me how low can I bargain..I think I will start straight at 35-37K...as seen in the above posts!!!...Please suggest

-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
dilipm its actually true that there is a shortage of Nikon DSLRs in the market everywhere...and thats true :(

Nikon officially said that the production will start in full swing from march april soo lets wait at least till next month :)

dilipm

Right off the assembly line
Hey sujoyp,
Thanks for ur reply..
Good news!!,I Just got a call from one of the dealer and he said that the my ordered d5100 is on the way as I paid him sme advance already.
Now I really need ur help here...
Can you please suggest me the total price for how much I can bargain to...he will probably say the exact price on the Nikon site. can you give pleaseee give me a suggestion for these two questions....
1. I am thinking of starting at 36-37k or max 38K for the whole kit....what u say?

2.I would also like to get a AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G..and am willing to start bargaining him for a total of 46k-47K ...wat do u say?...

actually ....seeing above in previous messages, the prices are much lower than wat I am trying to bargain..and even they were almost 6 months back....wat do u think...Please suggest..I cant wait to get my hands on my first DSLR..

Thanks,
-D

prinkkaadi

Broken In
i was planning to buy canon 550d, but yesterday i had inquired for nikon d5100 with local dealer in delhi. and after long search its clear that you can get 12-13% discount on MRP (as he offered) i.e. 36700 with kit lens and 2 years warranty

sujoyp

Grand Master
In normal times when there is no issue of stock , dealers gives around 10%-15% discount soo

D5100+kit MRP-42950 - 10% = 38700
Nikkor AFS 50mm 1.8G MRP-13750 - 10% = 12375
Total 51000
See if u r lucky enough to get all for under 50k ....I think at this moment 50k total is good :) but if u r getting for more than that just wait for another month

binarycodes

ArchLinux Rocks!
Guys, even I am waiting for a long time! Haven't booked or anything just waiting out the price tide :p

@Sujoyp: Good thing you are finally recommending the 1.8G :p I've been reading/hearing great things about it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@binarycodes .... its dilipm 's idea not mine ;)

Actually I would have got a Nikkor 35mm AFS 1.8 coz I feel 50mm is just too tight frame ;)

Top Bottom