Nikon D-5100 @ Hyderabad

dilipm

Right off the assembly line
In normal times when there is no issue of stock , dealers gives around 10%-15% discount soo

D5100+kit MRP-42950 - 10% = 38700
Nikkor AFS 50mm 1.8G MRP-13750 - 10% = 12375
Total 51000
See if u r lucky enough to get all for under 50k ....I think at this moment 50k total is good :) but if u r getting for more than that just wait for another month

Wow...u wont believe...this dealer guy brought 2 boxes one for me and one for the some other...I donno its this shortage plus a general hype for 5100...one got sold right in front of....coincidence!!??? a preplanned trick in front of me...probably...we cant say......but I just didnt get a chance to bargain at all..this other guy itseems bought it for 42500....I still did try my part ..my budget was max upto 52K.. Considering me being bad at bargaining rather pathetic, this guy also was not even budging..he was pitching 56500 for 5100 and the 55mm lens...Well...I controlled my urge and postponed ...ur post did help me to control my urge and postpone this to next month probably...
..anyway..on a side note..I guess important one for all d5100 buyers..one guy inside the shop just ran into me while getting my car out and whispered that "Bhaii saaab....2 mahinaa ruko..app ko chaalis(<40k) ke andar dono camera aur 55mm lens miljayinga..sabar karo..ee sab shortage ke vaja se drama karre yeh log!!!"....I doubt both camera and 55mm afs 1.8g will less than 40K...but I really hope the prices come down....

Hmmm.......thanks Sujoyp, you have been a good help..seen ur pics...really good......well....the wait continuessss...........will keep u guys posted here as soon as I buy ...Thnkas again for everything sujoyp.

-D

dilipm

@binarycodes .... its dilipm 's idea not mine ;)

Actually I would have got a Nikkor 35mm AFS 1.8 coz I feel 50mm is just too tight frame ;)

Well sujoyp u r the expert.....I am really interested in good street photography and kind of bokeh...I was suggested this 50mm 1.8g lens...wat u say?

-D

dilipm

i was planning to buy canon 550d, but yesterday i had inquired for nikon d5100 with local dealer in delhi. and after long search its clear that you can get 12-13% discount on MRP (as he offered) i.e. 36700 with kit lens and 2 years warranty

Wow....36700 is quite a bargain...go get it dude..!!..probably i should also search more...the only thing I tried was all/only the authorized shops at hyd...I got to broaden my search more and move into grey market I guess....well anyway...i probably will wait for when all this bloody shortage of stock fiasco goes away..and then buy it ...

-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prinkkaadi get the D5100 if price difference is soo less...its newer and have better image quality :)

@dilipm soo u got ur real time experience :D its the same issue everywhere...just wait 1 more month...u wont get both under 40k but at least get it for around 47k (D5100+kit and 50mm AFS 1.8)

I actually dont do much street photography ...I am bit scared about that (peoples reactions) ... but I like 50mm for its sharpness ....I like wider one...soo will get 35mm

Top Bottom