Nexus 5 vs Xperia Z vs SGS4 vs SGN3

OP
P

PointFortyFive

Brigadier
My GS3 used to show birthdays on weather widget itself.. cool feature missing in N4's boring stock Android.
I am thinking of selling N4 now & considering GS4 or G2... :wink:

Fair point, and this could be really useful to a regular user, but you can easily get the Samsung birthday calendar/widget on any phone after rooting.

@takemein - Exactly why I was considering the note 3. The 25% off does make it a steal at that price, but upon more introspection, I concluded that if you're with a phone for 3-4 years, you should get one that you really like, rather than going for the best value for money one. That's why I've scratched both the Samsung phones off the list.

PS : Sorry for the late response, my post was pending mod approval. It's got posted finally 4-5 posts above.

Fair point, and this could be really useful to a regular user, but you can easily get the Samsung birthday calendar/widget on any phone after rooting.

@takemein - Exactly why I was considering the note 3. The 25% off does make it a steal at that price, but upon more introspection, I concluded that if you're with a phone for 3-4 years, you should get one that you really like, rather than going for the best value for money one. That's why I've scratched both the Samsung phones off the list.

PS : Sorry for the late response, my post was pending mod approval. It's got posted finally 4-5 posts above.

Xperia goodies are ported more easily than Touchwiz & Sense goodies..... These are propreitary softwares

Get a phone which u like, satisfaction is an important thing too

Guys, I have finally experienced a fried processor on my Neo V (courtesy running it at 1.6ghz for almost a year) :D

So I need some advice in buying a phone. Budget is around 30k, but I can push it a little higher if I'm convinced.

Here are my options :

1. Xperia Z for 27,500/-

2. Nexus 5 for 29,000/- (16gb) or 33,000/- (32gb)

3. Galaxy S4 for 30,500/-

4. Galaxy Note 3 for 35,250/-

Yeah, I'm getting a good discount on Samsung phones through a contact.
I don't plan on changing my phone for the next 3-4 years atleast.

As for my requirements, voice calling and gaming are at a bare minimum, and not at all a factor. Camera isn't a deal breaker at all. I hate the Samsung UI (going to root it anyway and install KitKat), so probably going to lose the warranty. Love the Sony UI, might keep it for a few months before rooting. Going to make full use of the 1080p screens for full HD movies :mrgreen:

I love all the little bells and whistles of the Nexus, like NFC, wireless charging, better Wi-Fi, pedometer, etc, but if i'm convinced the other phones are good, I can change my mind.

Looks are a very important criteria for me and the Xperia Z seems to be winning on that count.

Suggestions guys? What would you do if you were me, and why? :-?

Hello,
PointFortyFive
Can You please tell me where you get the NOTE 3 for Rs.35250/? please I want to buy this phone.Hope to see reply soon.Thank You.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

sukesh1090

Adam young
If op or whoever thinks that xperia z is big then there is always xperia ZL to go for.water and dust resistant hardly matters if you are not a swimmer and also i read in reviews that ZL has better screen than XZ in terms of contrast.bad viewing angles, i really don't care but you may have different opinion about this.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup ZL is very compact ...dont feel like a 5 inch phone ...ZL's back have a very nice grip which actually looks premium ...I am loving it

yup ZL is very compact ...dont feel like a 5 inch phone ...ZL's back have a very nice grip which actually looks premium ...I am loving it

Agree with that
Sony Xperia Z vs. Sony Xperia ZL - GSMArena.com

Actually its even smaller than my N4 in terms of length, a bit more wide though(0.5mm)
*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5048&idPhone2=5203

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah N4 have 4.7 inch screen and still its bigger then ZL by few mm ...at 24.5k its an absolute deal

but ultimately get what u like ...its a personal choice :)

Top Bottom