Nexus 5 specs

ankush28

Bazinga
*cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/09/nexus-5-offc-leak/gsmarena_001.jpg

An alleged official press photo of the Google Nexus 5 has surfaced after the smartphone made several
appearances in the past weeks. The press shot of the Nexus 5 confirms the phone's exterior, while a good chunk
of its specification sheet also leaked in a benchmarking website GFXBench.
It confirms the LG-made Nexus 5 is going to rock a Snapdragon 800 chipset with four 2.3GHz Krait 400 cores.
On top of that, as with every Nexus smartphone, Google will debut a new version of Android. In the case of the Nexus 5, that'll be Android 4.4 KitKat. Nothing that the earlier FCC documents didn't specify, but still. GFXBench reports the resolution of the Nexus 5 will be 1794 x 1080 (read 1920x1080). The codename of the device is reported as Hammerhead. Additionally, Google is reportedly going to make the LG Nexus 5 official by
the end of October, if casemaker SPIGEN is to be believed (and we have a good reason to believe it is.) The rest of the LG Nexus 5 specifications remain a mystery at this point. However,our educated guess is that there'll be 2GB of RAM and no microSD card slot. The Nexus 5 seems to be based on the LG G2, so a 13MP main camera isn't going to be a surprise.

So these can give us a rough idea of upcoming nexus the hammerhead

source :- Nexus 5 specs get confirmed as an alleged press shot leaks - GSMArena.com news

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Even the date of Nexus 5 launch isn't completely confirmed. Nor specs. Its too early to conclude things based on rumors.
But I don't understand the "no Micro SD" card way the Nexus is going. It might be a good thing performance wise, but an expandable storage can be truly helpful, specially if you are going to shoot videos in 1080p.
Providing no SD card slot, and then charging models on the basis of internal memory is iPhone way, that I don't condone.

Chainsaw

Team Digit
The Nexus 5.

Being a Nexus 4 users, i'd say the specs are very much in-line to what one would expect. Take the top of the line SOC, add the best resolution standard along with a reasonable bump to the screen size and roll out a device that best represents Android (running on the latest Android flavor)

I seriously hope that the new Nexus does something different on the design front. I started my Nexus journey with the Nexus 3 (SGN), the curved glass and the tear-drop design was quite an achievement in terms of looks and ergonomics. The Nexus 4, the curved edges is a nice touch, but i expected more. The gorilla glass at the back with the new hide and seek glitter imprint is also nice, but you end up covering those design bits with shells to avoid the glass getting scratched.

I really hope the Nexus 5 is slimmer, weather proof (water and dust resistant). Has some new innovation on the display side, maybe the best possible implementation of OGS (one glass solution) that makes content appear as if it is floating on the glass. Basically make the glass/screen as thin as possible. Also, it'd be nice if it can borrow some goodies from the Moto-X, an always on/active/listening assistant that responds to voice, not needing you to touch the phone for most common actions.

Dunno, just hope Google goes beyond the usual creation of a kick-ass stock Android phone for pure Google experience. Just redefine the pure Google experience beyond specs and smooth interface.

And yeah, personally I think 5-inch screen is a bit of a stretch, will wait and see...

OP
ankush28

ankush28

Bazinga
but it is not confirmed that it has 16GB only... rumors are there that it will launch with 32/64GB versions too.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Was just reading the other day and got this, nothing interesting but...

Breaking: Nexus 5 Prototype Bares All In Leaked Crystal Clear 7-Minute HD Video

More than the post, its the comments section that's interesting

suh007

Broken In
According to the Rumours 16GB is priced at $399 and 32GB for $449

Source : Nexus 5 to be priced at $399, Nexus 4 LTE model in tow - GSMArena.com news

suh007

Broken In
Even if it comes to India early, price is decided by LG and not by Google, so it comes out to be costlier than play store price,Unless google has plans of releasing it in Indian Play Store

ashs1

Padawan
will lg be releasing the nexus5 in india ???
any wild speculation when they might release it here ?? :O

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
N5 spotted in Indian Play Store :hyper:

Google Nexus 5 Spotted In Indian Play Store for Rs 21,999 | DigiTricks

quagmire

Allllright !

This the best news ever. I can most confidently say : RIP LG G2, SXZ1, HTC One, S4 and S5.

Eric Schmidt has finally kept his promise, Nexus devices will eventually make it to India. Lets hope its released about the same time as US and UK..

shreymittal

Being Human

This the best news ever. I can most confidently say : RIP LG G2, SXZ1, HTC One, S4 and S5.

Eric Schmidt has finally kept his promise, Nexus devices will eventually make it to India. Lets hope its released about the same time as US and UK..

That's a killer price!!

Sorry guys
It is a fake pic created by us on FB. there is nothing you all saw

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
All got trolled, LOL :troll:

So, the real source seems to be this
Nexus 5 (Partially) Visible In The Play Store Ahead Of Release Starting At $349

Meanwhile, another post claiming something like this
Nexus 5 will come to India via Google Play store on 31st October @Rs 25K

Top Bottom